We are looking for a talented Data Engineer to support the acquisition of mission critical and mission support data sets. The preferred candidate will have a background in supporting cyber and/or network related missions within the military spaces, as either a developer, analyst or engineer. Work is performed mostly on customer site in Columbia, MD.
The ideal candidate will have worked with big data systems, complex structured and unstructured data sets, and have supported government data acquisition, analysis, and/or sharing efforts in the past. To excel in the position, the candidate shall have a strong attention to detail, be able to understand technical complexities, and have the willingness to learn and adapt to the situation. The candidate will work both independently and as part of a large team to accomplish client objectives.
- 5 years experience as a developer, analyst, or engineer with a Bachelors in related field; OR 3 years relevant experience with Masters in related field; OR High School Diploma or equivalent and 9 years relevant experience.
- Experience with programming languages such as Python and Java.
- Proficiency with acquisition and understanding of network data and the associated metadata.
- Fluency with data extraction, translation, and loading including data prep and labeling to enable data analytics.
- Experience with Kibana and Elasticsearch.
- Familiarity with various log formats such as JSON, XML, and others.
- Experience with data flow, management, and storage solutions (i.e. Kafka, NiFi, and AWS S3 and SQS
- Ability to decompose technical problems and troubleshoot system and dataflow issues.
- Must have a Security+ or similar certification or the ability to obtain it immediately.
- Experience with NOSQL databases such as Accumulo desired
- Prior Experience supporting cyber and/or network security operations within a large enterprise, as either an analyst, engineer, architect, or developer.
- Full Scope Polygraph minimum