A successful candidate will be responsible for the administration and management of the enterprise with primary responsibility towards BINDS / DNS for more than 8000 networked devices. The engineer will provide comprehensive system administration, security enhancements and remediation, and troubleshooting of InfoBlox, DNS, and Operating Systems. This position requires an understanding of best practices pertaining to network security and may require the development, deployment, and integration of network services such as InfoBlox. Successful candidates should be able to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Provides administration and management of Infoblox IP Address Management (IPAM) Platform
- Creation and de-commission of IP space for multiple customers
- DHCP Management and configuration
- Provides problem and incident resolution, including dealing with software and hardware vendor technical support
- Deploy and maintain network hardware, peripherals, services, and settings in accordance with industry standards and project/operational requirements
- Performs daily system monitoring; verifies the integrity and availability of hardware, services, systems, and key processes; reviews system and application logs
- Documents and performs network upgrades and modifications during ASI windows
- Provides on-call troubleshooting and issue resolution as required
- Develops and maintains installation and configuration procedures
- Partner with the information security personnel to assess potential exposure to vulnerabilities, identify mitigation plans, and ensure compliance with enterprise security baselines and standards
- Acts as a liaison with other groups to provide information sharing pertaining to the needs of the diverse set of computer users supported by the client as a whole.
- Develop scripts and other automation solutions to aid in the completion of migration and integration tasks.
- Review problems to understand the root causes of issues and ensure proper fixes are implemented
- Inform management in a clear, concise, and timely manner of any customer or technical issues
- Be responsive and decisive on adjusting architecture as customer requirements and technology evolves
- Coordinate with on-site support personnel while troubleshooting
- Use enterprise service management tools to initiate, respond, and track service requests ∙ Create reports and analyze performance metrics
- Must have a DoD 8570 IAT Level II Certification (i.e. - Security+)
- One of the following certifications – InfoBlox, Linux Administration, Cisco (CCNA/CCNP), Juniper (JNCIA/JNCIS/JNCIP), Aruba, Arista
- 8+ years of related experience following Networking / DNS / Subnetting. ∙ Bachelor’s degree in a related field or work experience considered in lieu of degree.
- Masters degree may be substituted for 3 years; experience; or a doctoral degree may be substituted for 4 years; experience. 2 years; experience (in addition to minimum
- experience requirements) may be substituted for a Bachelor's degree
- Experience managing and troubleshooting DNS, DHCP, IPAM, and NTP in a large multi site environment
- Possess flexibility to operate in a highly dynamic environment while ensuring a high level of operational effectiveness
- Detail oriented with ability to work well in a team environment
- Extensive experience troubleshooting, managing and monitoring services such as BIND (DNS)
- Creating and documenting processes and creating work instructions
- Experience working as a part of a large team and working directly with
- Experience with IP troubleshooting and subnetting.
- Experience creating scripts to automate routine administration tasks.
- Excellent verbal skills and ability to communicate effectively with people who have varying degrees of technical expertise
- Strong customer service skills
- Experience with Infoblox IP Address Management (IPAM), DNS and DHCP Administration.
- Experience utilizing Remedy ITSM / Service Now.
- Basic knowledge administering and troubleshooting server operating systems such as Linux, Windows, or UNIX.
- Understanding of LDAP/PKI preferred.
- Broad understanding of network infrastructure topologies, security, firewalls, and the L2/L3 switch and router infrastructure.
- Experience with Network Management.