We are seeking a Senior Technical Writer to join our team in Reston, VA. This position will directly support OCONUS military personnel as well as decision-makers in the National Capitol Region.
- Expected to be familiar with best practices for material organization and layout, editorial standards, and publication methods.
- Have a sound foundation in grammar, punctuation and use of the English language as well as composing, editing, and formatting using personal computers,
- Thorough understanding of computer processing, including commonly used information technology and engineer terminology
- Progressive knowledge of technical writing, production of reports or documents and a good understanding of applicable US government and/or industry standards.
- Research, organize, write, edit, proofread, and produce data for use in published materials, both physical and electronic.
- Use highly technical information to craft clear, readable documents
- Bachelor's of Arts or Sciences Degree in English, journalism, or literature.
- Eight years of experience or the equivalent combination of education, professional training, or work experience in IT technical writing and editing.