We are seeking a consultant to join our expanding team that provides content, usability, and development services to federal, state, and local government ‘agencies and private sector organizations. This opportunity is for a disciplined, flexible, and empathic consultant whose primary role will be working as an Junior Test Engineer. This consultant will help build our practice by helping Va.gov users and Veterans improve service delivery and/or manage organizational change. As we are a remote team, this consultant must have the ability to work remotely both as an individual and in distributed teams.
- A Test Engineer would play a valuable role on the Platform by taking on tasks related to the quality related processes and services:
- Operating and maintaining testing frameworks and tools like Cypress, Mocha, Mochawesome, etc.
- Monitoring and resolving issues related to automated testing on the Platform as they are detected in CI
- Maintaining and improving automated testing and reporting in CI
- Handle support requests related to testing frameworks on the Platform
- Support custom QA test tooling developed by the Platform (TUD, Product Directory, QA Dashboards, custom Cypress parallelization, A11y scanning tools, etc.)
- Support project teams developing custom solutions on the Platform by creating and executing QA test plans
- Create and maintain VFS facing documentation about successful testing on Platform
- Help VFS (Veteran Facing Service) teams with any issues with VA.gov design system (https://design.va.gov) and collaboration cycle reviews
- Work with project team to develop daily, weekly and monthly reports (from our systems) and provide results on the productivity to the management team
- Maintains a strong working knowledge of all internal and external systems and software
- Manage your own time and deadlines in a remote, project-based environment while working both independently and on distributed teams
- Government contracting work
- Remote work, especially work with distributed teams. Experience with agile teams or knowledge of Zenhub, Github for support tickets
- Knowledge in QA, CI/CD processes and Testing plans for software development
- Language: English
- Familiarity with SalesForce, ServiceNow, and Microsoft Teams & Outlook.
- Must be a United States citizen
- Good foundation knowledge of Drupal and HTML/CSS
- Verification of identity, education, prior employment, and references may be required.
- This may involve a background check and interview with a federal investigator.
- 1-2 Years of Federal IT Experience
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, and dot-connecting skills with the ability to develop quick, accurate situational awareness
- Good communication skills in a remote remote working environment
- US Citizenship required with the ability to obtain and maintain a Secret clearance