System Integrators use highly desirable technologies in multiple domains including Big Data (Hadoop, Spark, Kafka), Cloud Computing (Amazon Web Services, Azure, Google), and automation (Puppet, Ansible). System Integrators will go above administering these systems, they will design and implement them.
- To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Develops, maintains, and enhances complex and diverse software systems (e.g., processing-intensive analytics, novel algorithm development, manipulation of extremely large data sets, real-time systems, and business management information systems) based upon documented requirements.
- Reviews and tests software components for adherence to the design requirements and documents test results.
- Resolves software problem reports. Utilizes software development and software design methodologies appropriate to the development environment.
- Provides specific input to the software components of system design to include hardware/software trade-offs, software reuse, use of Commercial Off-the-shelf (COTS)/Government Off-the-shelf (GOTS) in place of new development, and requirements analysis and synthesis from system level to individual software components.
- Assists in leading and performing systems integration activities across the company’s programs
- Assists in leading and overseeing a total systems perspective including a technical understanding of relationships, dependencies and requirements of cloud, on premise, and hybrid services, infrastructure and security domains.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or related technical field; Master’s Degree preferred
- 3 – 10 years of relevant technical experience with systems integration or systems engineering and Cybersecurity
- Experience with working on software development projects, including end-to-end life cycle and test engineering or quality assurance (QA)
- Experience with the installation, configuration, and administration of IT resources, including Windows, Linux, VMware, and network software products
- Experience with operating system languages and language packs and Cybersecurity products, including anti-virus and endpoint security variants and methods
- Knowledge of firmware or embedded systems, networking protocols, routing, and firewalls
- Knowledge of software vulnerabilities and exploits
- Knowledge of database formats, queries, structures, and schema
- Possession of excellent verbal and written communication skills
- AWS certifications are highly desirable
- Experience with CentOS or Red Hat Enterprise Linux (RHEL)
- Experience managing a cluster of dozens-to-hundreds of nodes
- Experience with the Hadoop ecosystem (e.g. Zookeeper, NameNode, JobTracker)
- Experience with Puppet or Ansible
- Experience with RPM and YUM