As a Capture Manager, you identify the resources needed to pursue a business opportunity; oversee bid strategies, pricing, teaming, and proposal strategies; and manage the transition from business opportunity to proposal development to award. Responsibilities include:
- Assuming responsibility for an opportunity once it has been qualified at a gate review.
- Managing the capture process throughout the life of the opportunity.
- Owning, executing, and managing multiple opportunities simultaneously that are in various stages of capture and proposal.
- Briefing capture status to ai leadership at specified milestones in the capture process.
- Working seamlessly and efficiently with business unit leadership and the Executive Leadership team.
- Leveraging your network within the Government and industry.
- Developing and executing call plans to shape an opportunity.
- Actively participating in all aspects of the actual bid and proposal process, including developing proposal content; scheduling and coordinating with subject matter experts, solution architects, tech writers, contracts, pricing, staffing, and recruiting; and working with the proposal manager to deliver a compliant and compelling proposal.
- Possess the ability to conceptualize a vision to win, develop a capture plan that implements that vision and translates it into win themes.
- Adjust the vision as the procurement.
- Focus and manage capture activities and team (internal and external resources) to achieve the vision through the final proposal submission.
- Assist in preparing the execution team to perform post-award efficiently.
- A proven track record of capture management at a variety of customers and of varying sizes, leading and winning those capture efforts.
- 8-10 years of experience in Capture Management and/or Business Development, at least five of those years with DoD/Fed Civil/Intel customers.
- In depth demonstrated knowledge of best practices for capture management, business development, and proposal processes.
- Strong leadership skills to develop, organize, and execute significant capture activities, including building industry teams, assessing win probability, and executing customer call plans to shape acquisitions, to respond to and win business with new and existing customers.
- Ability to build strong teams and work cooperatively with individuals both horizontally and vertically within the organization to get results from those who do not report directly to you.
- Experience developing customer relationships with the DoD/Federal Civil/Intel agencies.
- Experience in preparing proposal content.
- Experience leading teams in a virtual environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Proven experience briefing executives.
- Bachelor's degree
- Secret security clearance or higher
- US Citizenship with the ability to obtain a Top Secret ( with polygraph) clearance