We are looking for a talented Data Engineer to support the acquisition of mission-critical and mission-support data sets. The preferred candidate will have a background in supporting cyber and/or network-related missions within the military spaces, as either a developer, analyst, or engineer. Work is performed mostly on customer site in Columbia, MD.
- The ideal candidate will have worked with big data systems, complex structured and unstructured data sets, and have supported government data acquisition, analysis, and/or sharing efforts in the past.
- To excel in the position, the candidate shall have strong attention to detail, be able to understand technical complexities and have the willingness to learn and adapt to the situation.
- The candidate will work both independently and as part of a large team to accomplish client objectives.
- 5 years experience as a developer, analyst, or engineer with a Bachelors's in a related field; OR 3 years relevant experience with Masters's in a related field; OR High School Diploma or equivalent and 9 years relevant experience.
- Experience with programming languages such as Python and Java.
- Proficiency with the acquisition and understanding of network data and the associated metadata.
- Fluency with data extraction, translation, and loading including data prep and labeling to enable data analytics.
- Experience with Kibana and Elasticsearch.
- Familiarity with various log formats such as JSON, XML, and others.
- Experience with data flow, management, and storage solutions (i.e. Kafka, NiFi, AWS S3, and SQS solutions).
- Ability to decompose technical problems and troubleshoot system and dataflow issues.
- Must have a Security+ or similar certification or the ability to obtain it immediately.
- Must be able to work on customer site in Columbia, MD at least 4 days a week. (Subject to change)
- Experience in cloud-based technologies (AWS, Azure)
- Experience in distributed databases, NoSQL databases, full-text-search engines (e.g. Elasticsearch, MongoDB, Solr)
- Scripting experience is a huge plus.
- Prior experience or familiarity with our Big Data Platform is a plus.
- Understanding of AGILE software development methodologies and use of standard software development tool suites. (e.g., JIRA, Confluence, Github Enterprise, etc.)
- TS/SCI with CI Polygraph minimum