3343 - Senior Server Infrastructure Support Engineer
Washington, District of Columbia
- Work on the server operations team working on server optimization/server infrastructure
- Designs, documents, and implements server solutions, including replication and disaster recovery, along with supporting enterprise technologies.
- Supports server technologies for virtualized and non-virtualized devices.
- Configures, implements, and upgrades new and existing computer systems.
- Performs system analysis, including I/O and architecture.
- Develops documentation on new or existing systems.
- Provides recommendations for system enhancements and additions.
- Performs upgrades of operating systems and designs systems enhancements.
- Develops tests to ensure systems meet documented user requirements.
- Enhances efficiency through process orchestration and automation.
- Establishes and maintains procedures for ensuring the continued system reliability.
- Provides consultation on standards, policies, principles, practices and techniques of system engineering and documentation.
- Researches, compiles, and analyzes system design to assist with the resolution of network issues.
- Utilizes process improvement methodologies such as the Capability Maturity Model.
- Present and communicate comprehensive information, ideas and advice in a clear, concise and logical manner, both orally and in writing.
- VMware experience with version 6.5 or later
- Windows server experience in version 2012, 2016, or 2019
- BS, 10 years OR 12 years (2 years of experience substitute BS)
- Experience with server virtualization and related technologies.