3341 - System Administrator
Washington, District of Columbia
- Maintaining the current print server and managing configuration changes as required due to printer refreshes or other modifications.
- Remotely push monthly system patches and security vulnerability updates to workstations using the Government-provided tools (currently Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager-SCCM) and Microsoft Windows SUS Services.
- Provide an intermediate level of troubleshooting for all Microsoft Office Products, Active Directory/Exchange, and patch management support.
- Maintain and update the currently approved OIS images for all approved workstation configurations across the USCP enterprise every month. In addition, we are providing Tier III technical support to the PC technicians, including troubleshooting, repairing, installing, and configuring printers, scanners, cameras, and all hardware related to workstations when required.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or Engineering (Equivalent experience may be substituted for education)
- A minimum of 4 years of experience administering Windows Servers 2008+.
- A minimum of 4 years of experience (Intermediate level or above proficiency) with SCCM to manage servers and deploy patches.
- A minimum of 4 years of experience developing, testing, and deploying workstation images for government/private agencies.
- A minimum of 4 years of experience managing print services or similar functions.
- Applying OS and other workstation patches and upgrades on a regular basis using administrative tools and utilities including SCCM.
- Experience in maintaining and managing service accounts as required. Installing, modifying and maintains systems and utility software on server computer systems.
- Create and maintain SCCM collections via direct and direct and dynamic Wql query rules
- Experience with imaging Via WDS (Windows Deployment Server)
- Must have experience working with Microsoft Windows (Windows 7 and Windows 10) and Microsoft Office (MS Office 2016) and general Exchange/Outlook support.
- Experience in working with contractors and technical teams to ensure the development, testing, and on-schedule turn-up of the customized image processes.
- Experience with providing vulnerability remediation support on any potential security findings for workstations across an enterprise.
- Experience in conducting ad-hoc vulnerability scans and remediation for clients within a fast paced environment.
- Ability to troubleshoot as required print servers, patch management, or other Tier III efforts, leading problem-solving efforts with OIS personnel, other technical personnel, and/or organizations.
- Ability to provide clients with security vulnerability remediation recommendations and guidance, up to and including remediation tracking and reporting. This may include working directly with other IT resources and teams responsible for remediation.