3339 - Help Desk Specialist Mid
Washington, District of Columbia
- Provide Tier I support for requests for service through email, phone, or in-person interaction with USCP customers.
- Document all requests for service using the existing Help Desk ticketing system (Symantec Service Desk).
- Communicate information in an effective manner with a clear understanding so customer issues are successfully resolved.
- Provide OIS Operations management with regular updates via email on common problems encountered and identify possible longer-term solutions/improvements to reduce future problems.
- You have previous helpdesk experience supporting a Government agency in a fast-paced work environment.
- You have previous experience providing exceptional customer service as the initial point of contact for users requesting assistance by email, phone call, and in-person.
- Triage and escalate IT issues to Tier II, Tier III, and OIS management appropriately.
- 3 to 5 years of experience in a program of similar scope, type, and complexity
- Must have experience working in and knowledge of customer service and customer support principles and methods.
- Must be able to present formal and informal training and assistance to customers.
- Must be able to report, respond to, and resolve customer requests.
- Must have experience working with Microsoft Windows (Windows 7 and Windows 10) and Microsoft Office (MS Office 2016), and general Exchange/Outlook support.
- Must have experience in troubleshooting basic computer (desktop, laptop, tablet) issues and triaging as needed to resolve requests for service in a timely manner.
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment providing continuous support to users and critical operations monitoring and escalation.
- Must be able to communicate verbally effectively and in writing to customers, peers, technical staff, and Government.
- Familiar with ITIL framework for IT Service Management. ITIL Foundations certification desired.