3332 - Linux Systems Administrator
College Park, MD / Laurel, MD
Full Scope Polygraph
- Provide support for implementation, troubleshooting and maintenance of Information Technology (IT) systems. Manage IT system infrastructure and any processes related to these systems.
- Designs, documents, and implements server solutions, along with supporting enterprise technologies.
- Configure and manage Linux operating systems and install/load operating system software, troubleshoot, maintain integrity of and configure network components, along with implementing operating systems enhancements to improve reliability and performance.
- Provide support to IT systems including day-to-day operations, monitoring and problem resolution for all of the client/server/storage/network devices, mobile devices, etc.
- Optimize system operations and resource utilization and perform system capacity analysis and planning.
- Provide in-depth experience in trouble-shooting IT systems.
- Provide detailed analysis and feedback to agency management and internal customers for escalated tickets.
- Use your scripting and orchestration knowledge to automate tasks across an enterprise enclave.
- Collaborate with other teammates to brainstorm about the best way to tackle some of the more complex problems.
- Well-rounded: You appreciate the opportunity to work across multiple technologies.
- Driven and have a desire to grow your career and take your infrastructure skills to the next level.
- Wherever possible, you look for ways to automate manual processes to increase productivity.
- Possess an instinct for troubleshooting and the inability to give up (at least until the problem is solved).
- Possess the ability to communicate with just about anyone in a language they understand. (This is a user-facing role and you will be working with a highly technical team.)
- At least 3 years of experience working with IT concepts and fundamentals.
- Experience with Linux operating system environments.
- Experience working with Networking technologies and TCP/IP protocols; understanding, analyzing, troubleshooting.
- Experience with Windows or Linux configuration management, system administration, and troubleshooting.
- Experience working in a support, service desk, or customer service role.
- Strong willingness to learn new technologies.
- BS in Computer Science, IT, IS, or equivalent area of technical study (An additional 4 years of IT experience can substitute for a BS Degree).
- Hands-on experience with virtualization technologies (e.g. VMWare, Zen, Citrix, KVM).
- Hands-on experience with storage technologies/protocols (e.g. NetApp, LUNs, Fibre Channel, CIFS, NFS).
- Full Scope Polygraph minimum