This role will be responsible for developing and testing code for geospatial applications as dictated by project requirements and working team members. Working together with mission users.
- Apply good software design and development practices in daily activities based on industry best practices
- Write comprehensive technical design specifications and support documentation based on project requirements during software design phases through to final product submission
- Suggests new technologies and approaches, often demonstrating and championing their use
- Estimate the duration and level of effort of development tasks to meet project requirements
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to multitask, prioritize and meet deadlines
- Ability to change between projects and requirements fluidly.
- Familiarity with standard software development protocols and coding standards
- Application documentation including system design and technical specifications
- Assisting in development of project timelines based on platform specific software development project management principles.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Geography/GIS, Engineering or related field; additional experience can be substituted for education
- 2+ years experience as a software developer; additional education can be substituted for years of experience
- Experience with Python, C++, or Fortran
- Extensive Python experience a plus
- Excellent problem-solving, verbal and written communication, design, development, and debugging skills
- Ability to work independently and in groups to effectively participate in the Agile software development life cycle
- Experience with using Agile software development methodologies (Scrum)
- Knowledge and practice of test-driven development methodology
- Knowledgeable in geospatial principles and analysis processes
- Experience with High Performance Computing (HPC) and parallel processing