As an ITSM Coordinator, you will provide open systems backup and recovery monitoring.
The customer is responsible for the implementation and management of an effective backup and recovery process for all open systems platforms. Effective management of backup systems allows the customer to collect, process, secure, and restore critical agency data. The highly complex and demanding workload of ensuring data availability 24 hours per day, 7 days per week, requires intense, continuous support from the customer’s backup component.
The ITSM coordinator provides technical support for monitoring backup jobs, and to ensure that all backups are successfully completed during each shift worked.
- Monitors backup production jobs.
- Determines the cause of any failed production backup jobs.
- Reschedules any failed production backup jobs after making corrective changes.
- Reports the status of all backup production jobs, in writing, by end-of-shift.
- Reports and notifies priority 1 or 2 restore requests or requests form customers that require immediate attention to appropriate on-call personnel.
- Reports any hardware failures immediately on any servers or Data Domains that will affect backups.
- Reports any issues or important information about backup and recovery operations to appropriate on-call personnel.
- Adapts to changing hardware, software, and operating systems required to support OSSMB’s Backup and Recovery efforts.
- Supports hardware/software upgrades and refresh efforts for the agency’s Backup and Recovery Infrastructure.
Any candidate must be experienced in the use of the following hardware and software:
- Veritas NetBackup
- Veritas OpsCenter
- Microsoft Windows
- Microsoft Exchange (e-mail)
- Microsoft Excel
- Microsoft SharePoint
- Microsoft Teams
- Skype for Business
- Outlook 365
- AWS Cloud Environments
- RedHat Linux Server Operating Systems
- Windows Server 2016-2019 Operating Systems
- VMware, Virtual Machines and Virtual Environments
- DELL EMC Data Domains to include but not limited to 6300, 6800, 6900, 9900 and DDOS
- Data Domain Management Center
- Remote Desktop
- Various Screen Sharing
- Command Prompt
- Windows PowerShell
- Disk storage fundamentals
- Virtual Tape/Backup storage fundamentals
- Storage management fundamentals
- Cloud Backups
- Disk Pool Configuration
- Data Domain Configuration
- NetBackup software installation
- Virtual and Network Backup/Restore processes
- High school diploma and/or related advanced training and certifications such as A+ Certification.
- Four (4) or more years of experience in technical and/or administrative writing and document development.