Research or develop geospatial technologies. Produces databases, performs applications programming, and coordinates projects. Provide geospatial subject matter expertise system development.
- Works with Product Owner to collect requirements, user stories and priorities
- Leads and coordinates the development of new features and models
- Participate in development of models for remote sensing analysis and utilization of remotely sensed data
- Assist in evaluating remotely sensed data and recommends data requirements and needs for collection
- Assists in all data evaluation (including vector, raster and tabular) and data recommendations.
- Analyzing spatial data through the use of mapping software.
- Discovering patterns and trends through spatial mapping of data.
- Designing digital maps with geographic data and other data sources.
- Creating feature data and services to merge topographical data with external data by layering external data over a topographical map.
- Producing maps showing the spatial distribution of various kinds of data, including crime statistics and hospital locations.
- Developing mapping applications and tools for web, desktop, and mobile platforms.
- Converting physical maps into a digital form for computer usage.
- Performing data munging and cleaning to convert data into its desired form.
- Produce reports on geographic data utilizing data visualizations.
- Managing a digital library of geographic maps in various file types.
- Must be adept at remote sensing and spatial data support
- Adept at the following programming languages:
- 5 years of GEOINT experience or degree/experience equivalent.
- Functional knowledge of ArcGIS Pro.
- Demonstrated experience of using ArcGIS 10.x for contributing to and maintaining an instance of ArcServer.
- Working/functional knowledge of scripting and programming languages such as Python and Java with the ability to apply these skills to geospatial models and solutions.
- Working/functional knowledge of data science techniques for geospatial analysis.
- Demonstrated knowledge of graphic design principles as they relate to incorporating a map or cartographic visualization into an infographic or tabloid.
- Knowledge of other GIS applications such as ArcGIS Earth and QGIS.
- Ability to create and incorporate imagery into geospatial intelligence products
- Degree in computer science, geography, surveying, engineering or related field.
- Experience with mapping tools such as QGIS and Carto.
- Experience with GPS measuring tools.
- Outstanding quantitative skill set.
- Attention to detail, critical thinking and good problem-solving skills.
- Analytical mindset.
- Excellent written and verbal communication.
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to maintain them in fast-paced environments.
- Experience in remote sensing
- Experience with ESRI software and associated APIs or interfaces
- Experience in GIS Data scripting - Python
- Experience in creating repeatable results and processes, especially in an Agile / Scrum environment.
- Experience in work item estimating, managing and iterating along a product roadmap
- Ability to respond to ad-hoc requests under pressure
- Interest (or experience) in advanced analytics and verification/validation of outcomes
- Interest (or experience) in the application of modern software practices