As a UI/UX Engineer you will build custom and accessible websites, with the user experiences in mind for both admins and end users. You will optimize code within the code base, assist with design, implementation and deployment, and partner on QA testing and bug-fixing. Your role will help determine appropriate tools, methods, and solutions for projects, bridging design, development, and production of websites. The position requires strong organizational and time management skills as individuals work in a fast-paced environment with multiple projects. Successful candidates must be hands-on but also strategic, with excellent communication skills.
- Proven ability to create well-structured and maintainable WordPress site themes from scratch.
- Proficiency in developing WordPress plugins to support custom site functionality and integrations.
- Good eye for design and attention to detail
- Improve the overall efficiency of the website’s back-end including database and server integration
- Maintain and optimize the WordPress theme and plugins
- Conduct website performance tests, and execute performance enhancements to improve site speed
- Monitor the performance of the live website and troubleshoot content and user experience issues that arise
- Responsible for both back-end and front-end development including the implementation of WordPress themes and plugins as well as site integration
- Effective interpersonal and communication skills are required to perform well as a member of a rapid paced, cross-functional team environment.
- Utilize agile development methodology
- Experience with WordPress
- Typically requires BS degree and 8-12 years of prior relevant, experience in lieu of degree
- Understanding of usability and accessibility issues across all device types
- Experience with WordPress back-end development using the following technologies: PHP, MySQL, WP REST API, JSON
- Developing custom features and functionality for WordPress
- Creating WordPress plugins
- Producing unit testing and QA
- Developing and Testing for Accessibility
- Certification - Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- Full Scope Polygraph minimum