We are seeking an Information Security Engineer to join our team and support our mission critical customer in Reston, VA. As our Information Security Engineer, you will ensure that the architecture and design of the DoD information systems are functional and secure. The Information Security Engineer will manage all aspects of design and development of IA or IA enabled products, interface specifications, and approaches to secure the environment. Responsibilities also include assessing threats to the environment, providing inputs on the adequacy of security designs and architectures and participation in risk assessment during the certification and accreditation process.
- Assessing threats to the environment
- Providing inputs on the adequacy of security designs and architectures
- Participating in risk assessment during the certification and accreditation process
- Ensuring that the architecture and design of DoD information systems are functional and secure
- Supporting periodic vulnerability checks through auditing and testing
- Providing support to Red and Blue Team activities
- Supporting Tools team in any assessment and authorization (A&A) of capabilities
- Bachelor’s degree and 8 years of experience related to specific functional area.
- Currently hold, or be able to attain a CompTIA Security+ or equivalent certification
- Security standards and controls used by the Intelligence Community
- Creating, maintaining, and updating related knowledge management and technical documentation
- Experience working collaboratively with staff at all experience levels to deliver short-term, medium-term, and long-term commitments
- Experience completing and coordinate tasks across cross-functional teams in either a lead or supporting role
- Experience providing coaching and mentoring to lower level team members
- Experience providing programmatic consultation in support of information systems and networks and the confidentiality, integrity, availability, authenticity, and non-repudiation of the data being assembled, processed, transmitted and stored and assessing information security.
- Understanding of Federal laws and regulations governing information security / privacy, and information assurance and a working knowledge of the security standards and controls utilized by Federal civilian agencies, the DoD and the Intelligence Community.
- Experience managing the implementation, testing and validation of physical, technical and administrative security requirements and assists in the design of a strong security operations program and an effective business continuity plan
- Experience monitoring, assessing, and maintaining systems and procedures to protect data systems and databases from unauthorized users
- Experience determining causes of security breaches and researching, recommending, and implementing changes to procedures to protect data from future violations
- Assists in educating users on security procedures
- Experience performing Information Security Engineering in support of intelligence community customer
- Security certifications: CCNA Security, CySA+, SSCP, or equivalent certification
- May have one or more of the following professional certifications: CISM, CIPA, CISSP