We are seeking a junior-level AWS CloudOps Engineer with a current Top Secret clearance. You will be part of a highly integrated Engineering team delivering mission critical applications hosted in both FedRAMP accredited and classified cloud environments, and maintaining associated systems within the lifecycle for the primary application.
- Leveraging sound CloudOps principles, practices and tools to improve the speed, reliability, integrity and security of application systems
- Using best practices and defined operational workflows to support the full system engineering life-cycle, including requirements analysis, design, development, integration, test, documentation, and implementation
- Developing, reviewing, and revising scripts and programs for management, maintenance, and deployment of AWS instances
- Utilizing AWS services and utilities to streamline the service offerings of the client to other divisions within the organization
- Engineers solutions for cloud or on-premises development and production platforms with specific focus on Scalability, Failover/Recovery, Disaster Recovery Planning, Monitoring, Security and Compliance, and Performance Optimization
- Bachelor's degree
- 3 years of experience working on comprehensive and innovative technical solutions with at least 1 year experience with 1 of the 3 major cloud service providers (Amazon, Microsoft, or Google).
- Experience supporting and migrating on-premises applications into a cloud platform.
- Experience in development and scripting languages (Python, C++, Java, etc) preferred
- 3+ years of hands-on experience with High Availability Environments (Cloud or similar HA: AWS, Azure, VMWare, etc)
- Experience with Linux and creating/maintaining AWS configuration files and apps and managing via AWS CLI/API
- Experience working in partnership with DevOps/Agile teams
- Development of automated tasks and applications using Python (or similar coding languages: Java, C++, etc)
- Experience with CI/CD integration with GitLab
- You should be proficient with analyzing an environment to help optimize processes, and keep up to date with new service offerings and requirement changes.
- You can leverage previous experiences, share best practices and create innovative solutions to push user adoption and maximize the value of AWS for the customer.
- You are Always Learning. Identify the latest and greatest technologies, and seeking opportunities to expand their skillset (by the way, AnaVation offers great training benefits).
- You are a Strong Communicator. Explain complex technical concepts to designers, support, and other engineers is no problem for you.
- You are dedicated to quality and leverage industry test-driven development standards
- You are someone that others enjoy working with.
- You have demonstrated success with developing and executing technical strategy and leadership
- Active Top Secret clearance with SCI and CI Polygraph eligibility