We are seeking an AWS DevOps Engineer with a current Top Secret clearance. You will be part of a highly integrated DevOps engineering team delivering mission critical applications hosted in both FedRAMP accredited and classified cloud environments, and developing programs and automation (primarily Python and Boto3 tool).
- Leveraging sound DevOps principles, practices and tools to improve the speed, reliability, integrity and security of software delivery
- Using best practices and defined operational workflows to support the full system engineering life-cycle, including requirements analysis, design, development, integration, test, documentation, and implementation
- Developing, reviewing, and revising scripts and programs for management, maintenance, and deployment of AWS instances
- Utilizing AWS services and utilities to streamline the service offerings of the client to other divisions within the organization
- Continuously evaluate available services and makes recommendations to the government on strategies for implementation, including disaster recovery\outage recovery, cost optimization, and benefits analysis of native-cloud vs third-party services
- Bachelor's degree
- 10 years of experience developing comprehensive and innovative technical solutions with at least 2 years experience with 1 of the 3 major cloud service providers (Amazon, Microsoft, or Google).
- Experience architecting and migrating on-premises applications into a cloud platform.
- Experience in development and scripting languages (Python, C++, Java, etc)
- 2+ years of hands-on experience with AWS, creating instances, using CloudFormation, and managing Security Groups
- Experience monitoring the health of the network and assisting with troubleshooting
- Experience with Linux and creating/maintaining AWS configuration files and apps
- Experience working in DevOps/Agile teams
- Development of automated tasks and applications using Python (or similar coding languages: Java, C++, etc)
- Experience with CI/CD integration with GitLab
- You should be proficient with analyzing an environment to help optimize processes, and keep up to date with new service offerings and requirement changes.
- You can leverage previous experiences, share best practices and create innovative solutions to push user adoption and maximize the value of AWS for the customer.
- You are Always Learning. Identify the latest and greatest technologies, and seek opportunities to expand their skillset (by the way, AnaVation offers great training benefits).
- You are a Strong Communicator. Explain complex technical concepts to designers, support, and other engineers is no problem for you.
- You are dedicated to quality and leverage industry test-driven development standards
- You are someone that others enjoy working with.
- You have demonstrated success with developing and executing technical strategy and leadership
- Active Top Secret clearance with SCI and CI Polygraph eligibility