We are seeking a Software Engineer to support its mission critical customer in Quantico, VA.
- Develop and maintain the Java-based Android application.
- Possess creativity to turn new requirements into a function and reliable design.
- Understand the full range of Android topics to include activity management and fragments, background services, tray notifications, push notification database operations, and complex networking operation.
- Possess experience with iterative development managing app releases ha alpha and beta mechanisms.
- Understand the Android security model and defensive security-topics including certiciate, encryption, and keystores.
- Possess experience with UX concepts and is comfortable performing XXX testing and user feedback
- Evaluate, maintains and develops the app, server API, and security model
- Support mobile-first concepts XXX device orientation, network stats, and peak notifications
- Support app database updates
- Design and develop user interface based on XML layout definitions
- Design and conduct app-level tests including the creation and maintenance of unit tests and test enhancements
- Works across teams to integrate a robust and secure solution
- Identify, recognize, and recommend new and relevant mobile techniques, methodologies, and security mechanisms
- BA degree in one of the following areas: Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Software Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Computer and Information Security, Computer Security and/or Network Administration from an accredited university/college with 5 years’ experience; MA degree in Computer Science or related with 3 years; PhD in Computer Science or related discipline with 2 years’ experience; or equivalent combination of training and experience.
- Top Secret clearance required.
- 5 years of relevant experience with mobile application development.
- Ability to design, deploy, and maintain an Android application.
- Proven experience with the Android platform, Java, SQ, Android Developer Studio, and the Gradle build-system.