Support a dedicated instance of our learning management solution for a federal government client. The position is primarily responsible to maintain the existing SQL based environment to ensure that the SQL server is operating within industry standards for best practices and in compliance with client’s security requirement. Additionally, this position is response for supporting a variety of reporting requirements, related to our learning management solution and other client site related data sources.
- Maintain and upgrade MS SQL environment
- Perform database administration, maintenance, performance monitoring and tuning.
- Analyze different data sets from various sources and generate custom reports.
- Troubleshoot databases and database connectivity issues.
- Assist with developing data models and planning of architecture, capacity, functions, modules, recovery, standards, and implementation.
- Assist with maintaining and implementing the System Security Plans (SSP).
- Assist Enterprise System Administrators with server maintenance and patching to ensure compliance.
- Perform database maintenance task to align with backup and recovery plans
- Demonstrated relevant expertise supporting U.S. Federal Government as a Database Administrator/Manager/Systems Engineer, with hands-on experience with database standards and end user applications.
- Minimum three (3) years' working knowledge of database design, data modeling, and data mining techniques, query creation and report generation, documentation, coding.
- Experience with generating custom reports using database reporting tools.
- Knowledge of SQL skills, including stored procedures, functions, indexes, and views
- Excellent written, verbal, and client relationship management skills
- Excellent problem solving/critical thinking skills
- Ability to work under minimal supervision
- Ability to effectively establish and execute strategic and critical task priorities to demonstrate problem-solving skills, and to think algorithmically.
- Experience within Federal Government, or environment under security compliance controls.
- Experience in a Cloud Based computing (AWS/Azure/VMWare)
- Experience in supporting other database technologies
- Experience in supporting ASP.Net or C# websites and web applications.