The GEOINT Repository for Needs (GRFN) Program, currently entering its second year of a 5-year contract with the National Geospatial-Intelligence Agency (NGA), provides critical capabilities to help enable efficient and timely GEOINT collection management across multiple collection providers. The GEOINT Information Management Services (GIMS) system operates on multiple security levels and combines FOSS/COTS software/hardware with a custom-built application to meet critical mission objectives. The program is structured utilizing DevSecOps and Agile principles. These software development methodologies emphasize communication, collaboration (information sharing and web service usage), integration, automation, and measurement of cooperation between software developers and other IT professionals. Operational stability is the program’s number one priority. As a member of the Product Leadership Team, the selected individual will participate in the definition of the program backlog and must be knowledgeable in the technologies described below.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Providing support to agile development practices including collaboration with stakeholders in definition of infrastructure, interfaces and user experience.
- Leading Epic and Feature decomposition working with the customer and users on the CONOP and implementation approach.
- Leading architectural and engineering design activities for the system.
- Participation in definition of requirements, technical trade and interface definition.
- Supporting technical content management including Roadmap development, Epic through Feature definition and program backlog prioritization.
- Applying the appropriate standards, processes, procedures, and tools throughout the development life cycle.
- Applies knowledge of computer hardware and software, subject matter, information processing techniques used, and information gathered from system users to design system architecture.
- Contribute to the development of system requirements to ensure the delivery of production systems that are compatible with the defined system architecture(s).
- Contributing to the development of sections of systems engineering documentation such as Engineering Plans, Initial Capabilities Documents, Requirements specifications, and Interface Control Documents.
- Performing program system engineering to include impact assessment to RFCs and developing technical volume approach to RFC/ECPs.
- Using advanced systems engineering techniques and work in coordination with Systems Architects
- System Engineering experience in the Intelligence Community (IC) as it relates to the National Geospatial-Intelligence Agency’s (NGA) mission.
- Experience with creating and updating the engineering baseline documents (requirements, architecture, etc.) as required based on the system changes implemented for the release.
- Ability to operate in a fast-paced environment, make effective and timely decisions, solve problems, and facilitate organizational and procedural changes.
- Knowledge of the Agile development methodology.
- Experience presenting at technical reviews utilizing Microsoft Office Products.
- Experience with agile development and DevSecOps practices and associated tools (i.e., Version One, GIT/JIRA).
- Experience in providing support to enterprise test activities to oversee end-to-end mission thread verification.
- Demonstrated knowledge of Program development processes, Agile practices, GIMS architecture, DOORS, System Architect, DODAF, automated test tools.
- Experience with support to COTS integration.
- Experience with cloud computing design and technologies.
- Experience with architecting automated test designs.
- Top Secret with ability to obtain SCI