Seeking a DevOps / Systems Engineer to join our team of software developers. This Systems Engineer will oversee the development environment architecture as well as build and maintain a Windows-based system image with Microsoft Deployment Toolkit (MDT). We are looking for an experienced and motivated individual with a solid IT background that wants to help us drive our company forward. Candidate must be self-motivated, a quick learner, and able to balance multiple-simultaneous tasks in order to keep pace with our team of high performers. This is also a great opportunity for an IT professional interested in a software development career path.
The Systems Engineer will work on an Army engineering and integration project in support of the U.S. Army Corp of Engineers responsible for building a series of tools to support the Combat Engineer to advance engineering, reconnaissance, and surveying capabilities. The systems engineer works with an agile software development team to develop a software and hardware baseline. The systems engineer builds and maintains the baseline, providing patch/driver updates and integrating new hardware when necessary. The systems engineer will also maintain the VMWare-based continuous integration environment for the software development team as they develop the core geospatial software that runs on the baseline.
- Develop and maintain a software image using Microsoft Deployment Toolkit (MDT)
- Design, implement, maintain, and upgrade the continuous integration environment utilized by the software development team, through upgrades and implementation of new features
- Conduct technical analysis of complex installation and integration challenges while documenting both solutions and analysis
- Provide input to design and development teams, and monitor progress and productivity through the use of metrics
- Overcome challenges between software products running on either a single platform or across multiple platforms
- BS Degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Computer Engineering, or related fields
- Significant professional experience also considered in lieu of a four-year degree
- 3+ yrs. of related experience in:
- Software integration, troubleshooting, and systems administration in a Windows environment
- Experience with Windows VM clients running on ESXi or VMWare player
- CI/CD tools and processes (Gitlab CI, Jenkins, Docker, SonarQube, Fortify)
- Ability to think critically and analytically in an enterprise environment
- Experience working in an Agile development environment (e.g. Scrum, Kanban, SAFe)
- Experience with the following technologies and/or concepts:
- Scripting languages (Python, BASH, PowerShell)
- Active Directory
- Microsoft Deployment Toolkit
- VMWare virtual machine infrastructure using vSphere
- Programming experience in a high-level language such as C# or Java is a differentiator but not required.