The Systems Engineer role provides expertise to an Enterprise Monitoring team tasked with devising and implementing a coherent strategy for infrastructure monitoring and alerting across a multi-network environment. The ultimate objective of the team is proactive monitoring that sends alerts when potential issues first start to appear, allowing the appropriate teams to resolve those issues before mission users are affected. This role supports software systems development in an Agile environment, including documenting system needs, system interfaces, and data sources; and supporting technical planning, development, integration, and verification and validation. This role refines customer roadmaps, enterprise epics, and strategic requirements into detailed
GENERAL DUTIES OVERVIEW
Agile features and actionable user stories to be delivered by themselves and the rest of the team.
The desired candidate demonstrates a combination of abilities, including system design and analysis as well as communication, mathematical and business skills. They implement new systems, correct software and configuration errors in existing systems and improve performance through software upgrades. Flexible cross-training to also provide systems engineering, solution development, training, security, and testing is also desired.
- Design, build, test and maintain scalable and stable technology solutions to meet mission system monitoring needs
- Responsible for end to end development environments
- Create documentation to include flowcharts, diagrams, manuals and any other required or requested deliverables.
- Participate and contribute in the entire implementation process for new applications and enhancements to existing applications
- Utilize experience with SolarWinds including installation and configuration to improve implementation and address evolving system needs.
- Leverage AWS experience (creating CloudFormation scripts, automate processing, CloudWatch, CloudTrail, SNS, SQS, etc) in the development and hosting of system monitoring solutions
- Leverage experience with Nagios installation and configuration to remove gaps in system monitoring capabilities
- Use the Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe) methodology to document requirements, configure, test, implement and support efficient solutions
- Support training Help Desk, Tier 2, and application development teams in the usage of system monitoring solutions .
- Derive an understanding of system requirements from stakeholder needs
- Perform automation tasks through scripting and testing
- Rotate between O&M to Dev Ops roles as required for Agile processes
- Evaluate alternatives including cost and risk, supportability and analyses for total systems; resolve highly complex multi-domain systems issues
- Extensive experience working in an Agile environment
- Extensive experience establishing goals and plans that meet project objectives.
- System design and development
- Integration of systems
- Experience with system monitoring COTS products
- Typically requires Masters with 15 years of prior relevant experience or Doctorate with 13 of prior relevant experience. Additional years of experience can be accepted in lieu of a degree.
- Experience working on ODNI systems
- Understanding of ODNI system development policies
- Experience with structured analysis and design methodologies
- Active TS/SCI Fullscope Polygraph