The Security technician provides daily on-site support for physical security and telecommunication systems for Department of Navy (DON) Strategic Systems Programs (SSP) Management Support Services branch at SSP Headquarters facility at the Washington Navy Yard.
The Technician shall maintain the secure perimeter through a combination of door lock maintenance and electronic security system maintenance (Lenel & DMP) and supports all new physical security projects for headquarters. In addition, the technician supports headquarters telecommunications system providing telephone relocations, new line connections and troubleshooting. The Security Technician maintains security containers and replaces CDX locks as required. The Technician provides insight and analysis for all new security and telecommunication projects and systems and must be knowledgeable of systems and activities used by government. The technician must gather information on these systems and provide recommendations to enhance internal processes to meet program requirements. Upon completion of the system reviews, the technician requires presentation and writing skills to prepare all-inclusive reports that communicate recommendations to improve systems, write new program instructions and provide training to card users. This position requires excellent communication, records management and customer service skills. The Technician is part of the Facilities Engineering team providing a breadth of support services to SSP's Management Support Services Branch including Facilities Sustainment and New projects. As part of this team the technician may be called on to assist with facility projects as needed.
- Responsible for installation, maintenance, and service of Lenel OnGuard access control system, DMP intrusion detection system, and Pelco video surveillance/assessment system components in accordance with manufacturer's instructions
- Install, maintain, and service high security locks such as Lockmaster LKM series meeting Federal Specifications FF-L-2890B and Kaba Mas CDX series locks (training provided)
- Provide technical support for tenant's telephone system and interface with telephone provider and customers for telephone relocations, troubleshooting, etc. (training provided)
- Provide security engineering support for new initiatives and facility projects to identify supporting security infrastructure
- Interface with engineering services technicians or contractors for routine and special projects
- Conduct and record results of quarterly tests of the intrusion detection system
- Complete detailed and accurate as-built, testing, and quality control documentation
- Conduct testing to ensure that all installed equipment and systems comply with the client's and manufacturer's performance specifications outlined in applicable technical manuals, test specifications, and requirements documents
- 4 years of experience or may be substituted with the following;
- Bachelor's/Associate's Degree and 2 years of experience
- Vendor certification for OnGuard and DMP systems
Active Secret Security Clearance