As a Configuration Management Project Engineer, you will be responsible for upholding configuration and data management policies and procedures, ensuring a standard approach to the application of configuration and data management requirements on an Intelligence Community contract.
- Establish, control, and maintain the approved documentation baseline requirements and engineering artifacts at both the office and enterprise levels ensuring all changes are documented, reviewed, and promoted accurately.
- Operate configuration management tools to support configuration identification, control, reporting, and auditing.
- Ensure new CM baseline operating parameters are documented, comply with standardized configurations, and are sustainable.
- Participate in customer review boards.
- Ensure the configuration baseline and control process for customer applications adheres to CM processes. throughout the development life cycle.
- Review configuration change requests.
- Maintain Customer document baseline--including processing of Requests for Change (RFCs), library management, SharePoint folder structure management, and any requests for document audits.
- Assist team members, as needed, in the use of CM tools and the implementation of CM quality standards.
- 5 years of experience
- Bachelor's Degree or may be substituted with the following;
- Master's Degree and 3 years of experience
- PhD and 2 years of experience
- System Engineering or Systems Integration experience.
- Working knowledge of, and demonstrated experience with change management processes (e.g., RFC process, baseline CM, document-based CM).
- Strong analytical skills, critical thinking and ability to develop and lead solutions for problems/issues.
- A passion for learning, helping others, sharing team knowledge, and contributing value to the mission in any way possible.
- Strong organizational, communication, and team building skills.
- Strong customer service skills and ability to collaborate in cross-functional teams.
- Responsible and reliable; follow up on actions and the ability to multi task.
- Space domain knowledge.
- Completed college level Systems Engineering course work and/or certifications.
- Familiar with the Intelligence Community and associated government agencies.
- Experience using Microsoft Office Tools.
- Familiar with Model Base System Engineering.
- Experience presenting in a Government and Military environment.
Active Top Secret/SCI Security Clearance