The selected candidate will support efforts to implement an enterprise level data services architecture, contributing to development of plans, user guides, training materials, and communications about tools and services
- Designs, develops, builds, analyzes, evaluates and installs database management systems to include database modeling and design, relational database architecture, metadata and repository creation and configuration management.
- Uses data mapping, data mining and data transformational analysis tools to design and develop databases.
- Determines data storage and optimum storage requirements.
- Prepares system requirements, source analysis and process analyses and design throughout the database implementation.
- Evaluates, sizes and selects technology components, such as software, hardware, and networking capabilities, for database management systems and application databases.
- Writes and tunes SQL queries for performance and scalability.
- Implements comprehensive backup and database replication solutions.
- Support the Data Steward in development of an enterprise data management strategy including data management plan, change management process, managing data issues
- Establish and maintain configuration and data management policies and procedures
- Document business logic to improve users' understanding of information contained in charts and reports from an analytics dashboard
- Review newly developed application modules to provide recommendations for standardization of field names, domain lists and constraints on fields to support workflow, and consistency and customization of error messages
- Assist in development of logical and physical data models, to include data dictionaries, of legacy systems for incorporation into an enterprise wide data model
- Assist in performing data analysis and mapping from legacy systems to enterprise logical data models to determine compliance with relevant standards and to identify new data objects for the enterprise model
- Assist with development of standards, practices, and procedures as related to the overall product development
- Provide data modeling and data engineering support
- Experience working with relational databases and APIs (e.g. MySQL/TSQL/Oracle)
- Knowledge of data modeling techniques and application
- Experience with implementing data analysis tools, evaluating various types of data, evaluating various datasets, and determining practical solutions to data challenges
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Able to work in a team environment and lead technical discussions
- Knowledge of customer information security and data policies
- 12 years of experience
- Bachelor's Degree; may be substituted with experience as follows:
- 10 years of experience and a Master's Degree
- 7 years of experience and a PhD
- CMMI/DMMI, DMBOK familiarity
- Experience working with Amazon Web Services, ServiceNow, JIRA, Remedy, SharePoint
- Experience working in Agile environment
Active Top Secret/SCI with a Full Scope Polygraph Security Clearance