We have an opening for an RF Engineer to provide SETA support to a government program office. This position requires both insight and experience in a wide range of RF systems engineering tasks, including terrestrial and SATCOM system design, and recent experience directly supporting COTRs in a SETA role. This position is both an advisory and delivery role.
Travel outside WMA will be 10% of the time.
- Identify performance and capability gaps of existing systems and new systems in development.
- Familiarity with communication devices, specialized digital modulations, digital signal processing, and state of the art communication processing techniques is an essential qualification.
- Document preparation and the ability to communicate effectively are also needed.
- Using a holistic approach, advise on strategic technology planning, perform application development, implement and deliver systems and support.
- Understand how projects will impact other areas, beyond stated scope.
- Performance analysis
- Software tools including MATLAB, Simulink Toolboxes, Python, and test scripting
- Use of laboratory and in-field test equipment including receivers, spectrum analyzers, and signal analyzers
- Use of software defined radio
- Terrestrial wireless communication, both fixed and mobile
- Long range communication, both terrestrial and SATCOM
- Interact with team members in both engineering development roles and operational roles
- Familiarity with frequency spectrum allocations
- Familiarity with H/W as it relates to RF Technology
- Experience identifying user and enterprise needs/requirements.
- Experience in supporting requirements engineering, CONOP's development, and system integration to accommodate the end-to-end system.
- Understanding of the intelligence community and customer domain
- 8 years of experience
- Bachelor's Degree; may be substituted with the following:
- 6 years of experience and a Master's Degree
- 4 years of experience and a PhD
Active Top Secret/SCI with a Full Scope Polygraph Security Clearance