We have an opening on an exciting program in Chantilly for a Splunk Engineer who will lead the design and implementation of enterprise scale Splunk solutions by developing, building, operation and maintaining Splunk infrastructure. They will also provide architecture level design to support and operate Splunk using security information and event management (SIEM) or security event management (SEM) best practices and Splunk enterprise security.
- Architect and support systems used to configure and deploy enterprise SIEM log management solutions and develop automation for security tools management.
- Assist with the automation, deployment, integration and test of enterprise systems and services.
- Optimize big data correlations as a Splunk search language (SPL) expert.
- Manage Splunk and equivalent hardware infrastructure and oversee production support
- Manage customer expectations
- Onboard data into Splunk
- Support projects in multisite or clustered Splunk installations
- Assist with the development of advanced reports to meet the requirements of key stakeholders
- Provide onboarding, configuration and optimization in Splunk
- Provide expertise in the deployment, configuration and operations of Splunk
- Perform advanced search and reporting to help customers with the implementation of specialized/customer dashboards
- Troubleshoot/debug issues within a large Splunk deployment
- Experience with infrastructure management and support and system administration in Window and UNIX/LINUX environments
- Experience with custom log file parsing
- Expert troubleshooting skills
- Experience with Splunk dashboard creation
- Experience creating visualizations for displaying data
- System administration or programming experience
- Experience using scripting languages to automate tasks and manipulate data
- Knowledge of enterprise logging, including application, OS and security technology logging
- Knowledge or regular expressions (RegEx)
- Ability to demonstrate SPL expertise
- Bachelor's Degree
- Splunk Architect Certification
- Knowledge of networking protocols
- Database design and management
- IC experience desired
- Experience writing Splunk queries in Splunk Programming Language (SPL)
Active Top Secret/SCI with a Full-Scope Polygraph Security Clearance