Provide adjudicative support to a government customer in a dynamic and challenging environment.
- Demonstrate analytical ability and the ability to handle a medium to large, semi complex workload
- Excellent writing and communication, skills and good judgment
- Demonstrate high level of personal integrity and the ability to discreetly handle sensitive, personal and classified case information
- Ability to comprehend complex and multi-source data into succinct and supportable final reports
- Knowledge of Intelligence Community Directive (ICD) 704 regulations
- Knowledge and ability to use computer operating systems/tools such as Microsoft Office Suite
- Experience performing adjudicative support
- Ability to elicit information during an interview with minimal direction and work effectively with variety of individuals
- Strong time management
- Identify complex problems and reviewing related information to develop and evaluate options and implement solutions.
- 1 year of experience
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience in lieu of a degree
Active Top Secret/SCI with a Full-Scope Polygraph Security Clearance