This team is responsible for technical support of the planning and execution of enterprise and system-level verification, validation and transition activities for national assets, associated ground segments and services, and information processing systems within the enterprise. The team supports the recommended closure of enterprise and system requirements; independent verification, validation and test in support of delivered system capabilities and mission closure, overseeing readiness events in support of enterprise, system and acquisition-level test milestones; leading and supporting project planning; assessing schedule and risk; generating and presenting engineering briefings; and interfacing with numerous customers. This position requires an understanding of the intelligence community and customer domain, along with a strong focus on core systems engineering processes in support of end-to-end mission and services closure.
- Required to have a strong GEOINT, SIGINT or COMM test engineering background and significant space and ground domain knowledge in customer mission technical capabilities and performance.
- Have daily interaction with the customer and supporting contractors, and must follow customer standards and processes while providing continuous improvements and innovations.
- You will interact with multiple Acquisition Offices (AOs), and support a wide variety of activities.
- Evaluation of architecture, requirements, risks and opportunities, and processes for VV&T impacts;
- Definition of VV&T activities and associated VV&T products (e.g., strategies, plans, Requests for Change (RFC), procedures, checklists, RVTMs, briefings, etc.) for new and modified mission and service capabilities
- Lead or support the execution of those VV&T activities (e.g. Test events, Transitions, Milestone Readiness Events)
- Prepare reports describing the results, risk assessment, discrepancy reporting and lessons learned of those VV&T activities
- Risk management, tracking and closure with Acquisition Offices and stakeholders
- Facilitate technical meetings to coordinate, and support VV&T activities and milestones
- Provide technical consultation, briefings and recommendations to the customer and other stakeholders
- Verification, Validation and Transition (VV&T) experience within overall customer domain
- Strong business acumen; ability to relate professionally inside the work environment
- Detailed knowledge of GEOINT, SIGINT or COMM systems and overall space and ground architecture
- Expertise in mission technical capabilities and system performance analysis and assessment
- Experience with Mission Planning, Control or Processing functions in support of space and ground architecture
- Experience writing test strategies, plans, procedures and checklists
- Experience executing tests, analyzing data and summarizing results
- Experience in system integration and transition approaches to accommodate the End to End GEOINT, SIGINT or COMM lifecycle
- Commitment to recognize, understand, respect and operate effectively within various SETA, FFRDC, and Government lines of authority
- 10 years of experience
- Bachelor's Degree; may be substituted with the following:
- 8 years of experience and a Master's Degree
- 5 years of experience and a PhD
- Technical familiarity with one or more satellite domains: GEOINT, SIGINT or COMM
- Experience with VV&T from an acquisition, operations or systems engineering perspective.
- Experience with Satellite Systems VV&T activities
- Experience with GEOINT, SIGINT, Space Ground Communications (Ground Terminals), ground systems and services, and/or mission operations
- Experience with commercial VV&T techniques in service oriented architecture (SOA) environments, or for infrastructure or application service provider environments, is also highly desirable
- Ability to mentor and lead Junior individuals in the GEOINT, SIGINT, or COMM domains for Satellite Systems
Active Top Secret/SCI Security Clearance with the ability to obtain a CI Polygraph