Be part of a fast-paced, high energy, team as an early adopter and leader in the digital transformation of systems engineering. To engineer increasingly complex systems and capabilities, the government is transforming legacy systems engineering methods and processes. Central to the transformation is the adoption of Model Based Systems Engineering (MBSE) as the means to manage complexity, increase engineering quality, and ultimately drive cost and schedule efficiencies into the acquisition process. As an industry leader in systems engineering, we are seeking candidates who can help lead the transformation through application of MBSE industry best practices, develop MBSE processes and methodologies to deliver effective mission solutions, and apply MBSE experience to modeling mission systems. A big piece of this transformation is the ability to connect data to answer the customer's hard problems. This position presents a unique opportunity to work shoulder-to-shoulder with our customers and collaborate with teams where you will provide programmatic strategy and technical guidance to the customer on their most challenging projects.
- Lead and support teams in the application of data analytics to help solve problems and/or visualize data in meaningful ways for stakeholder consumption.
- Support teams developing digital engineering processes, methodologies, change control and configuration management, and model quality assessments.
- Frequent client interactions, and support digital engineering strategy development across the various offices.
- Collaborate closely across offices within both the Office of Digital Engineering and the larger enterprise
- Define and demonstrate the appropriate data standards, data structures, and supporting COTS, GOTS, and Open Source technologies required to manage the data needs.
- Integrate enterprise tools and develop MBSE-based processes to support requirements engineering, the customer's ERB process, CONOPS and architecture development, Risk, Issues and Opportunity Management boards, schedule management, test and verification strategy development, and system integration of new initiatives in support of expanded mission capabilities.
- Facilitate collaborative meetings between the MBSE users and the tool development team to communicate data analytic needs and help innovate potential solutions.
- Provides technical advice and guidance to senior managers regarding the creation and implementation of new methods and techniques.
- Experienced in end to end systems engineering processes, implementation of SE&I in a digital environment, and will have successfully demonstrated the ability to craft data architectures and apply data analytics for engineering problems.
- Demonstrated knowledge of or practical application of data analytic techniques and experience applying for customer problem solving.
- Experience with systems engineering processes in support of system life cycle development.
- Basic knowledge of architecture, requirements engineering, CONOPS development, verification, test and system integration to accommodate End to End Systems Engineering.
- Experience in system acquisition and engineering ranging from conceptual to physical implementations; including Data Modeling, Data Ingest, and model query.
- Demonstrated communication skills especially with tools developers and government officials.
- Commitment to recognize, understand, respect and operate effectively within various SETA, FFRDC, and Government lines of authority
- 5 years of experience
- Bachelor's Degree; may be substituted with the following:
- 3 years of experience and a Master's Degree
- 0 years of experience and a PhD
Active Top Secret/SCI Security Clearance with the ability to obtain a CI Polygraph