We are seeking a talented; customer focused senior Ground engineer. Interested candidates should thrive in an innovative, fast-paced environment, can roll up their sleeves, work hard, and motivate the team. The ideal candidate will have strong communication skills, leadership abilities, organization, have an ability to prioritize their time, and understand the value of providing strong customer service.
- Support teams coordinating, supporting and assessing requirements, CONOPs and architecture products, assessing system schedule and risks, supporting test and verification strategy and system integration of new initiatives in support of expanded mission capabilities.
- Frequent client interactions, and support system and mission strategy development across the various offices.
- Due to the broad nature of the ESE team workload, the selected candidate should have knowledge in Ground systems and experience with national systems.
- Support various system readiness events and independent review teams and is required to have a strong systems engineering background.
- Interact with multiple Acquisition Offices (AOs) and facilitate risk and action closure with Acquisition Offices and users, and support technical consultation, meeting coordination, and support to recommendation briefings.
- Strong business acumen; ability to relate professionally inside the work environment
- Detailed knowledge of Ground systems and overall space and ground architecture
- Expertise in mission technical capabilities and system performance analysis and assessment
- Experience with Mission Planning, Control or Processing functions in support of space and ground architecture
- Experience identifying user & enterprise needs/requirements and gap identification, analysis and assessment
- Experience in requirements engineering, Conops development, verification, test and system integration to accommodate End to End Systems Engineering in support of customer's missions
- Experience supporting integration of Infrastructure Service, Application Services, COMM and mission applications
- Commitment to recognize, understand, respect and operate effectively within various SETA, FFRDC, and Government lines of authority
- Highly organized especially with project plans
- Proven adaptability and experience with daily interaction on-site with the government customers
- A passion for learning, helping others, sharing team knowledge, and contributing value to the mission in any way possible
- 10 years of experience
- Bachelor's Degree; may be substituted with the following:
- 8 years of experience and a Master's Degree
- 5 years of experience and a PhD
Active Top Secret/SCI Security Clearance with the ability to obtain a CI Polygraph