This position will serve as a Subject Matter Expert (SME) providing Systems Engineering Technical Assistance (SETA) support as part of a GEOINT (RADAR and / or EO) team performing Systems Engineering and Lifecycle Readiness activities for established and emerging GEOINT systems. The candidates will ensure Integration and Closure activities for the GEOINT domain are identified and accomplished. The candidate will be a member of a team coordinating, supporting and assessing requirements, CONOPs, architecture products, system schedules, and risks, and supporting test and verification strategy and the system integration of new initiatives in support of expanded mission capabilities.
- The selected candidate will have the aptitude to assess processes and create efficiencies continuously, and will lead GEOINT related projects
- Due to the broad nature of the team workload, the selected candidate will ideally have knowledge in GEOINT end-to-end activities to include sensor operation, processing, and distribution.
- Lead various system readiness events and participate in independent review teams and is required to have a strong systems engineering background.
- Interact with multiple Acquisition Offices (AOs) and facilitate risk and action closure with Acquisition Offices and users, and lead technical consultation, meeting coordination, and provide support to recommendation briefings.
- The Integration and Closure team is responsible for assessing the acquisition-level closure of requirements; assessing / leading system level readiness events in support of enterprise, system and acquisition-level milestones; leading and supporting project planning; generating and presenting engineering briefings; and interfacing with numerous customers.
- This position requires an understanding of the intelligence community and customer domain, along with a strong focus on core systems engineering processes in support of end-to-end mission and services closure.
- This opportunity also offers exciting opportunities for training and exposure to Model Based Systems Engineering (MBSE).
- Detailed knowledge of GEOINT systems and overall space and ground architecture.
- Expertise in mission technical capabilities and system performance assessment.
- Experience with Mission Planning, Control or Processing functions in support of space and ground architecture.
- Experience identifying user & enterprise needs/requirements and gap identification, analysis and assessment.
- Experience in supporting Requirements Engineering, CONOPs development, and system integration to accommodate the End to End GEOINT Systems Engineering..
- Commitment to recognize, understand, respect and operate effectively within various SETA, FFRDC, and Government lines of authority.
- 8 years of experience with space/ground systems and systems engineering.
- Bachelor's Degree in engineering, physics or related technical degree; may be substituted with the following:
- 6 years of experience and a Master's Degree
- 3 years of experience and a PhD
- Prior experience with MBSE, SysML, and digital tools
Active Top Secret/SCI Security Clearance with the ability to obtain a CI Polygraph