The position will require the application and creation of advanced methodologies to continuously discover unique cyber threat indicators to help protect our customers from the most sophisticated, and ever evolving cyber threats. The data includes very large quantities of a variety of network, host, and other heterogeneous datasets and will leverage state of the art big data platform technologies. We are solving interesting, exciting, and important problems in a highly collaborative environment and interactions with other professionals with deep experience in both cyber and advanced analytics technologies.
- Experience using SPLUNK and other analytic tools used to search, correlate, report, and alert on data.
- Familiarity with Python and R
- Familiarity representing Rules using MySQL
- Working knowledge of Intelligence Community cyber policy
- Develop data strategy to include evaluation of existing data sources and pipelines, secondary data sets, and identifying requirements related to frequency, structure, data types, and ETL processes and technologies.
- Assist as a general architecture consultant providing input to infrastructure team.
- Assist in the development of a storage and retrieval data strategy in a cloud environment.
- Process unstructured data from multiple and disparate data sources.
- Assist in establishing data science and machine learning-driven approaches to identify possible security incidents inside the enterprise.
- Collaborate with other analysts and engineers to construct models and build structure around data sets.
- Work with data engineers to ensure that the data, tools, and technologies used are supporting AI/ML modeling and analysis requirements and outcomes.
- Develop algorithms and models based on SME-defined use cases for security log data.
- Provide statistical analysis of log/incident data using a broad range of analytic techniques.
- Support Hunt Team operations by leveraging innovative approaches to incident discovery.
- Assist in other areas, such as data trending, statistical analysis, and incident investigation/mitigation.
- Build and maintain client and stakeholder relationships.
- Formulate and enforce work standards.
- Complete high quality projects/deliverables on time.
- 5 years of experience
- Bachelor's Degree in Data Science, Mathematics, or related Computational and Information Sciences
Active Top Secret/SCI with a Full-Scope Polygraph Security Clearance