- Provide professional, timely and reliable paralegal support reporting to the OGC-LITB and detailed to assist the five litigating units. In particular, supporting the missions of the Employment Law Units (ELU) and Civil Litigation Units (CLU);
- Perform typical Paralegal functions, including: moderately complex legal research; synopsizing transcripts of hearings and oral arguments for attorney use; reviewing case related materials; and identifying potentially conflicting statements or areas requiring further investigation;
- Receive, prioritize, and process requests such as document review or requests for advice or legal technical assistance;
- Research and locate responsive information and identify relevant laws, judicial decisions, and legal articles;
- Write preliminary drafts of legal memoranda and correspondence;
- Assist in preparing draft legal documents, such as motions, briefs, memoranda of law, etc.; conducting legal analysis, reviewing documents for relevance and privilege; and assisting attorneys with all phases of litigation.
- 6 years of litigation paralegal experience with trial experience; Successful completion of at least one year of study at an ABA-accredited law school,
- Law degree preferred
- Have sound working knowledge of federal and state court system, legal research procedures, and legal research resources;
- Strong understanding of a variety of computer applications, including word processing, databases (such as document review and file management systems), spreadsheets, and imaging;
- Consistently demonstrate ability to work as part of a team and manage complex relationships with all stakeholders;
- Preferred, hands-on experience or training with ESI tools and general knowledge of e-discovery procedures and resources;
- Have excellent written and oral communication skills.
Active Top Secret Security Clearance