This role will serve as part of the team supporting the Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) with the implementation, integration and sustainment of a fully integrated supply chain solution that provides the full spectrum of medical logistics. The Supply Chain delivers clinical care to Veterans by managing the logistics and flow of supplies and equipment. Supply Chain Management (SCM) ensures that the right equipment and supplies are available when needed, and the Supply Chain Management Product Line (SCM PL) encompasses the activities to procure resources, manage supplies, and deliver goods and services to providers and patients. This team will be focused on implementing a scalable system to support accelerated site deployment, while at the same time supporting integration with additional VA systems and sustainment of current integrations. The team will have a blend of specific expertise and experience in SAFe Agile, Product Management, Development, Security and Operations (DevSecOps), engineering, and Data Migration.The Integration Lead acts as the primary technical resource supporting successful integration of solutions into VA environments. Responsibilities include technical needs analysis, project management, technical support, customer support, interface programming and testing.
- Designs, deploys and supports product interfaces.
- Perform technical needs analysis.
- Proficient in project management and planning.
- Provides third tier technical support.
- Provides implementation support.
- Responsible for the functional specification, programming, testing, and troubleshooting of proprietary interface engine.
- Interacts with customers to determine interface requirements and implements solutions according to the defined project guidelines.
- Communicates with product management regarding product integration architecture, design, and enhancements.
- 10 years of IT experience
- 8 years of experience in the software development and high-volume enterprise systems.
- 3 years of experience in Building cloud-native applications in cloud (AWS and/or Azure preferred) in a federal environment.
- Must have Java in depth knowledge – as well as an ability in mastering other tools of the trade, including a variety of modern programming languages as well as experienced in open-source web and data technologies (Spring, NoSQL, Microservices, Cloud services (AWS and/or Azure preferred)).
- Experience with open source technology technologies in a high-volume distributed environment.
- Experience working in a DevOps-oriented culture that prioritizes continuous integration and continuous deployment.
- Experience in multi-channel retail technologies preferred.
- Ability to effectively share technical information, communicate technical issues and solutions to all levels of business
- Familiarity with client specific solution components, such as
- Defense Medical Logistics Standard Solution (DMLSS), Military Health Services (MHS) GENESIS, LogiCole, Cerner Millennium and/or
- InterSystems (HealthConnect/IRIS/HealthShare), would be helpful
- Masters Degree in Computer Science, Electronics Engineering or other engineering or technical discipline (or Bachelors Degree w/10 years of additional relevant experience may be substituted for education)
- HealthShare Health Connect HL7 Interface Specialist Certification
- InterSystems IRIS Core Solutions Developer Specialist Certification
- Must be able to achieve a moderate (Tier 2) VA position of trust.