The Network Technician will be responsible for the installation of IT networks and Systems, to include voice, video, radio-frequency, and/or data communications networks.
- Provide professional installation of networks and systems to support an extensive IT infrastructure within the WMA Travel “up to” 40% of the year to overseas service locations
- Provide expert level analysis of voice, video, radio-frequency, and/or data communications networks, including planning, designing, evaluating, selecting, and upgrading operating systems and protocol suites and configuring communication media with concentrators, bridges, and other devices
- Perform multi-floor fiber installation and quality assurance duties including (but not limited to): outside cabling and coax running; fiber installation; configuring cameras, routers, computer hardware/software, security cameras, and racks; and A/V equipment installation
- Plan network layouts and configure systems to user environments
- Analyze network topologies and traffic and capacity requirements
- Support the acquisition of hardware and software as needed
- Provide technical support and troubleshooting to users
- Manage the allocation of network installation and engineering tasks for a small install team
- Define and execute detailed installation schedules Implement LAN and WAN equipment including firewalls, servers, workstations, routers, switches, hubs, storage devices, A/V equipment, and equipment racks
- Provide guidance and work leadership to less-experienced network personnel Maintain current knowledge of relevant technology as assigned Requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Electrical or Computer Engineering or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, technical training, or work/military experience.
- 5 to 8 years of related network experience.
- Demonstrated experience installing networks both internal and external to facilities
- Demonstrated experience installing multi-floor fiber
- Demonstrated experience implementing LAN and WAN equipment including firewalls, servers, workstations, routers, switches, hubs, storage devices, A/V equipment, and equipment racks
- Demonstrated experience collecting and distilling user requirements to technical system requirements
- Demonstrated experience performing network troubleshooting techniques
- Demonstrated experience editing "build-to" and "as-built" documentation
- Demonstrated experience installing satellite systems
- Demonstrated experience installing video systems.
- Demonstrated experience documenting and articulating complicated system designs into required technical documents such as design documents, implementation plans, and test plans
- Ability to implement and test plans for physical and logical installs of IT equipment
- Full Scope Polygraph minimum