We are seeking an experienced Lead AWS Cloud Engineer . This person should be a seasoned, self-motivated, and professional with at least 5 years of hands-on engineering and administration experience in virtualized Information Technology environments. A skilled technician knowledgeable and experienced in infrastructure as code environments, automating patches and system configurations, and with designing and engineering commercial cloud environments, architectures, and designs.
The Customer is looking to transform the existing Secure Web Services (SWS) environment, used to provide secure information sharing to the community, into a more mature service offering to meet the DoD and IC community. As part of this task order, the Customer will manage the commercial cloud migration and disestablishment of VSD and CIS, fully automate the continuous development & continuous integration environment, fourth estate consolidation, professionalize services – ITIL/DevSecOps based processes, improve the customer experience 1st call resolution, and achieve development of a service catalog for Defense Working Capital Fund (DWCF) Model.
- Provide continuous development and continuous integration to include operational engineering and integration, release management, implementation & migration, and training & knowledge transfer.
Operational Engineering and Integration:
- Document and deliver an approach for automated acceptance testing, including tools and processes
- Document and deliver an approach for automated integration and regression testing, including tools and processes
- Conduct automated testing of all new capabilities utilizing the current Amazon C2S enabled architectures and tools to include Ansible, Cloud Formations, JMETER, etc.
- Develop, document, and conduct operational acceptance testing for all new capabilities. This includes outlining operational acceptance criteria (with Government approval), both technical and non-technical and delivering a report to the Government recommending a path forward.
- Manage and sustain the integration and testing environments on the unclassified and classified infrastructure both on premise and in the cloud to validate all capabilities and technologies prior to being deployed on the production environment.
- Stage new and upgraded services components or services to integration and testing environment.
- Conduct testing for all new and upgraded services components or services to include unit, system, integration, regression and user acceptance testing based on documented requirements and policies.
- Complete all acceptance testing (functional, technical, user, regression, performance, and load)
- Develop any required test scripts associated with the scope of testing procedures
- Perform modifications and adjustments to new and upgraded services components or services as a result of testing and validate results.
- Perform configuration management and change management activities related to integration and testing services.
- Improve and sustain the unclassified and classified test bed, staging, and integration environments. Mature and engineer improvements to the cloud infrastructure and architecture to support continuous development and continuous integration utilizing modern practices and tools.
- Participate in the development of the release management process and procedures and policies
- Develop quality plans and back-out plans as appropriate for each release
- Conduct site surveys, as necessary, to assess existing Equipment and Software being used to validate release package requirements and dependencies
- Ensure that any new software, equipment, or support services required for the release are procured and available when needed
- Ensure there is segregation of duties between the application developer testers and the release management testers.
- Identify and document all Configurable Items (CIs) that need to be included in the release, as well as, all system inter-dependencies
- Document, review, and approve communications to end-users in anticipation of all new releases
- Notify the program's affected clients of release timing and impact and provide communications to the service desk
- Implement release in compliance with Change Management requirements and adherence to detailed release plans
- Modify configuration database, asset management items, and service catalog (if applicable) to reflect changes to CIs due to the release
- Perform quality control audits and approve Release control results to the Government
- Support the order of WAN circuits, equipment and services as defined and required by the Program
- Prepare data network design, engineering, and security plans and schedules to support new and enhanced applications, architectures and standards
- Develop testing and integration procedures, with Government approval, for data network design, engineering and security that meet requirements and adhere to defined policies
- Manage all designated data network devices in accordance with the program's policies (including security oversight and change management policies)
- BA and 8+ years of experience. Additional years of experience may be considered in lieu of degree.
- 5+ years of hands-on engineering and administration experience in virtualized environments, ideally with federal government
- Strong knowledge in infrastructure as code environments, automating patches and system configurations, and with designing and engineering commercial cloud environments, architectures, and designs.
- Experience working in a high op-temp, top secret environment
- IAT Level II Baseline Certification (e.g. CCNA Security, CySA+, GICSP, GSEC, Security+ CE, CND, SSCP)
- Ability to obtain an Amazon Operations certification or Amazon Developer certification within 120 days
- Ability to obtain an Ansible certification within 180 days
- Prior experience with the Customer and the Customer's support to mission partners
- TS/SCI minimum with the ability to obtain and maintain CI Polygraph