Provide effective IT support but also outstanding customer-facing, task management, communication, and organizational skills. The Senior IT Specialist will have the proven ability to balance competing priorities, be detail-oriented, be adaptable, flexible, and able to take on other duties when needed. It is anticipated that the role will require occasional travel to the Customer's Headquarters to provide onsite support and project-related tasks.
- Help Desk – Provides Tiers 2-3 application and technical support to teammates’ who contact Help Desk for assistance. Ensures that SLAs are achieved, provides effective and timely issue resolution, builds positive working relationships, and maximizes teammate satisfaction.
- Familiar with operating systems and software within an ATO’d classified environment
- Familiar with hardening infrastructure and platforms to compliance standards and images for deployment in ATO’d environments
- Familiar with deploying AWS Cloud infrastructure core components, including EC2, S3, and updating security configurations of a VPC
- Familiar with routing configuration of core SDN components, establishing and updating the configuration of a DMZ
- IT Asset Management – Supports the effective deployment, tracking and management of IT assets.
- Project Support – Assigned to lead and support projects as required. Completes assigned project tasks on schedule with agreed to outcomes.
- Systems Administration – Completes basic system administration tasks in the Cloud as required and acts as the supervisor of designated Systems Administrators and Engineers.
- Team Development – Provides mentorship, training, and support to more junior internal and external resources assigned to the team.
- Is able to support the architecting of Cloud environment changes and solutioning of new deployments of advanced capabilities
- Six (6) or more years of experience as a Cloud Systems Administrator in Cloud and hybrid environments
- Familiarity with core scripting languages such as Powershell and Bash
- Capable of writing basic Python Scripts
- Familiar with basic database maintenance and optimization
- Experience in gathering and analyzing requirements and direct interaction with a government customer
- Experience with assessing Section 508 compliance of applications
- Experience in a government client environment and working alongside a Government PM innassisting with project goals and direction of development team
- Ability to design, develop, troubleshoot, and test software to satisfy requirements
- Ability to train and mentor junior development team members
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Minimum Education: Bachelor of Science (B.S.) Degree in Computer Science, Software Development, Information Systems or related field of study; or in lieu of education, five additional years of relevant experience
- Experience working with technical teams in government environments
- Experience supporting federal government information technology systems in AWS
- Experience working directly with customers
- US Citizenship required with the ability to obtain and maintain a public trust clearance