As a successful candidate for the System Administrator I role you will possess the following expertise: 3+ years of Linux system administration experience desired. Experience using Puppet software configuration management and deployment tools on Linux servers. Apache Niagara Files Basics to include ability to navigate, configure dataflows, and use dataflow information with the NiFi User Interface. Provide day-to-day operational support to client/server/storage/network devices. Provide support for the escalation and communication of status to management and internal customers. Optimize system operations and resource utilization and perform system capacity analysis and planning.
- Provide Tier 1 (Help Desk) and Tier 2 (Escalation) problem identification, diagnosis and resolution of problems.
- Provide support to IT systems including day-to-day operations, monitoring and problem resolution for all of the client/server/storage/network devices, mobile devices, etc.
- Provide support for the escalation and communication of status to agency management and internal customers.
- Optimize system operations and resource utilization, and perform system capacity analysis and planning.
- A Bachelor’s degree in a technical discipline from an accredited college or university is required as well as Five (5) years of experience as an SA (Tier 2 and Tier 3 support). Five (5) additional years required if candidate does not have a BS degree in a STEM related major.
- DoD 8570 compliance with IAT Level 2 is required.
- Ability to use key features, including FlowFiles, processors, process groups, controllers, and connections, to define a NiFi dataflow and an understanding of NiFi's architecture configuration is a plus.
- Experience using the Atlassian Jira ticketing system for Incident Management.
- Experience deploying, managing, and maintaining a VMware virtual environment to include ESXi hosts, vCenter Server, and virtual machines.
- Scripting experience (Python, Bash etc.) intermediate to advanced proficiency preferred.
- Additional non-required Qualifications: Apache NiFi proficiency.
- Full Scope Polygraph minimum