We are seeking for a driven Support Engineer, who is passionate about the security of our country. Our ideal candidate understands the importance of putting the customer first, making sure their technical queries are resolved in a timely and satisfactory manner. The Support Engineer is focused on the quality of the customer’s experience while also obtaining the details of their query so our developers can adapt and learn from the exchange with the customer. In this role, your duties will include assisting customers with application installations, resolving queries via our desktop support solutions, and escalating serious issues to the software development team. To ensure success as a Support Engineer, you should exhibit extensive experience in providing IT support to customers in a fast-paced setting. We consider Support Engineers an essential part of managing the entire Software Development Lifecycle and are part of an elite team of Software Developers, Data Engineers and System Engineers because we’re developing and deploying unprecedented capabilities for the Intelligence Community.
- Providing customers with software support via desktop solutions, chat function, emails, and calls.
- Assisting customers with account setup and application installations.
- Ensuring optimal application functionality by configuring networks.
- Troubleshooting software issues by asking customers targeted questions.
- Providing customers with step-by-step guidance to resolve technical problems.
- Following up on technical queries and providing prompt feedback.
- Prioritizing customer queries and escalating serious technical issues to IT developers.
- Documenting error reports and monitoring performance metrics.
- Relaying application functionality feedback from customers to Software Developers and Data Engineers.
- Compiling software instruction manuals and useful software support resources.
- Participate in the change management process: including reviewing Change Requests and assisting the Software Development Mngr., Branch Chief and Program Management in the assessment of security impact, customer experience, level of effort for developers and lead time to deliver any proposed changes.
- Monitor system recovery processes to ensure security features and functions are properly restored and functioning correctly following an outage.
- Work with project teams responsible for engineering and packaging releases to integrate within the customer's production software environment.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, information technology, or similar level of work experience.
- 2-4 years of experience as a Support Engineer.
- 2-4 years of experience supporting the technical direction, and training practices of experienced Support Engineering staff (Tier 1 and Tier 2 Level Service Desk).
- Experience with security efforts related to modern Windows, Linux, UNIX, Cisco, SQL or Oracle databases, and virtualized systems.
- Foundational knowledge of how software, hardware, and network configurations operate together to support customers.
- Ability to prioritize and diagnose Software problems.
- Experience in resolving customer IT queries.
- Proficiency in documenting processes and monitoring performance metrics.
- Ability to relay important application and customer experience feedback to Software Developers.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to document work processes to include flowcharts and SOP (Standard Operating Procedures)
- Experience working with JIRA. (creating tickets and moving them through our workflow process)
- Experience working with Confluence. Creating/Updating content
- Assembled end user “Runbooks/Quick Start Guides” for customized software applications.
- Implemented testing strategies and documented results.
- Provided customized training packages for select end user groups.
- Experience creating and updating various forms of training materials.
- Creating “how to” content via user guides and/or short videos.