We are seeking a Senior Software Engineer/Developer for our mission-critical work program in Quantico, VA. The candidate will partner with our customer and engineering team to create innovative technical solutions. If you want to be challenged and make a difference, then this is the opportunity for you! You will be responsible for designing, implementing, and maintaining Windows-based software applications based on government-driven requirements.
- Contribute to application and system-level design in order to optimize overall system performance and reliability;
- Translate detailed requirements and design requests into computer software;
- Work on an agile development team to coordinate and collaborate solutions;
- Test, debug, and refine computer software to produce the required product;
- Prepare both program-level and user-level documentation and training;
- Participate in scrum meetings and provide status updates;
- Work independently and manage individual tasks from product backlog; and
- Enhance software to reduce operating times or improve efficiency.
- Eight (8) or more years of experience as a Windows software developer in building multi-tier framework software applications using object-oriented programming languages, such as C++, C#, or Java;
- One (1) or more years of experience with application development leveraging a SQL database as data storage;
- Two (2) or more years of experience with AWS application development and management;
- Experience in gathering and analyzing requirements and direct interaction with a government customer;
- Experience developing Section 508 compliant applications;
- Experience in a government client environment and working alongside a Government PM in assisting with project goals and direction of development team;
- Ability to design, develop, troubleshoot, and test software to satisfy requirements;
- Ability to train and mentor junior development team members;
- Ability to oversee and guide junior and mid-level team members with project work, including defining upcoming goals, in-depth requirements evaluation and planning, detailed task write-ups, and code reviews.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Minimum Education: Bachelor of Science (B.S.) Degree in Computer Science, Software Development, Information
- Systems or related field of study; or in lieu of education, five additional years of relevant experience.
- Experience working with technical teams in government environments
- Experience supporting federal government information technology systems
- Experience working directly with customers