We are seeking an energetic, well-organized, self-managed, and proactive HR Specialist focused on the staffing and recruiting of our workforce in support of our portfolio of programs. This person will work hand in hand with our sourcing recruiters and program managers to proactively identify and assemble a blend of resources to meet program requirements while delivering a positive experience for all current and future employees. This position is a direct report to the Chief People Officer.
The objective of the role is to own, develop, and advise on a full range of recruitment and staffing activities from beginning to end (full hiring life cycle) to include external and internal recruitment, staffing, job analysis, applicant assessment questionnaire, vacancy announcement postings, qualifications determination, pay setting, onboarding, and smooth integration into the company. This role also includes ownership and responsibility of our University Recruitment Program for interns, co-ops, and full-time hires.GENERAL DUTIES:
The HR Specialist plays an integral role in the operation of our business and is critical to our growing company’s high-volume and fast-paced hiring needs. The HR Specialist will have a heavy focus on recruiting and staffing but will also be responsible for providing hands-on support for onboarding, benefits administration, training & development, policy & compliance, and employee relations.
- Staffing and Recruiting
- Liaise and provide support to the recruiting team with all aspects of the recruiting process to quickly facilitate resume reviews, interviews, and quality candidate selection
- Collaborate with program managers/hiring managers to determine position requirements, create position descriptions, and ensure proper sourcing of candidates (internal and external) to meet program requirements
- Develop staffing plans with the program managers to facilitate kick off of new programs
- Conduct analysis on candidate qualifications and skills to determine eligibility, appropriate salary, and labor category
- Responsible for Work with internal and external candidates to prepare them for position evaluation process (i.e., resume and interview prep)
- Perform internal placement assessments that include conducting position analysis and mapping current employee skills sets and career desires with new program requirements to seed leadership roles for our new programs and augment new teams with external candidates
- Compensation analysis and offer determination
- Collect and document EEO reporting requirements as part of our selection process, and work with HR team to compile and submit annually to EEOC
On-Boarding and Integration of New Employees
- Responsible for all transition-in activities related to the staffing of our programs
- Facilitate smooth onboarding process and acclimation to the company
- Facilitate procedures after hiring regarding employee relocation, legal documents etc.
- Implement robust on-boarding best practices. Update “Welcome Book” to include mission overview, a program organization chart with roles and responsibilities; detailed SOPs; security policies; and time charging guidelines.
- Perform routine tasks required to administer and execute human resource programs including but not limited to compensation, benefits, and leave; disciplinary matters; performance and talent management; recognition and morale; occupational health and safety; and training and development
- Work closely with the CPO & HR team to communicate corporate initiatives and actively engage with all employees
- Handle employment-related inquiries from applicants and employees, referring complex and/or sensitive matters to the appropriate staff, and ensuring timely resolution to their questions
- Assist with employee recognition program and company awards
- Assist HR and managers with annual merit cycle, conducting market research on pay, benefits, market trends, etc.
- Stay up to date on employee’s qualifications and skills, recommending promotions when applicable
Training and Development
- Support CPO, HR & managers to ensure appropriate training is provided based on employees skills, interests, and contract requirements
- Catalog employee’s education, skills, and experience in support of program staffing and employee development
- Collaboratively evaluate trends in missions, technology, manpower, fiscal resources, and other factors influencing future needs
- The individual must be highly organized, have strong communications skills, and be technically adept with recruiting and administrative tools such as the Microsoft Office product suite and Applicant Tracking Systems.
- Bachelor's or Associates degree preferred in Human Resources Management or a related field
- Minimum of 5 years of related work experience
- Experience working in a Human Resources Department with a focus on talent acquisition and talent management
- Experience with Applicant Tracking Systems (i.e., Lever, iCIMS) and Resume Databases
- Possess knowledge of, and skill, in applying HR staffing and recruitment principles, concepts, laws, regulations, techniques, and guidelines to support an organization's recruitment and placement program
- Ability to work with sensitive and confidential information
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Outstanding teamwork skills
- Strong organizational, time management, and multi-tasking skills
- Developing staffing plans in support of program execution
- Project Management experience is a plus