We are seeking for a Windows System Administrator to be responsible for the upkeep, configuration, and reliable operation of computer systems in support of the Compartmented Enterprise Services Office (CESO) NOC. The Windows Sys Admin will ensure that the uptime, performance, resources, and security of the systems they manage meet the needs of the users. The Windows System Administrator may be required to install or upgrade components and software; provide routine automation; maintain security policies; troubleshoot; train staff; or offer technical support for projects.
Our Windows Systems Administrators work two rotating shifts - 0600-1400 (6am-2pm) and 1200-2000 (12pm-8pm). We will consider requests for fixed shifts but cannot guarantee availability.
- Create, maintain, and implement detailed documentation for standard systems operating procedures to be used across the enterprise.
- Develop, implement, and monitor policies and standards for allocation related to the use of computing resources.
- Analyze available hardware and software from outside vendors and make recommendation for purchase and installation of cost-effective solutions.
- Review work performed by lower-level technical staff.
- Work both independently as well as in coordination with network administrators to maintain the smooth operation of a multi-user computer system.
- Bachelor's degree and 4+ years of overall related experience with a Windows servers environment (e.g. 2008r2 and 2012r2). Additional experience, education and training may be considered in lieu of degree.
- Currently possess DoD 8750 certification at least IAT level II, e.g Security+ce.
- Candidate may be asked to obtain CI Poly in future
- Experience with configuration, troubleshooting and maintaining VMware environments.
- Experience with Remote Desktop Services
- Experience with PowerShell scripting and experience in other languages like Python.
- Experience with application of security settings and other commercial best practices such as DISA STIGS.
- Experience with Security Content Automation Protocol (SCAP)
- Experience with Group Policy Management (GPO) and applying Local Security Policies
- Experience with Windows Task Scheduler
- Experience Managing Active Directory
- Experience with System (hardware) and application (software) installation and configuration.
- Application of security settings and other commercial best practices such as DISA STIGS.
- Prior experience with the customer and the customer's support to mission partners
- TS/SCI w/CI Poly Preferred
- Integration of Network Management (NM) and Element Management (EM) systems with network performance, trouble ticketing, and security subsystems highly desired.
- Experience with support systems to include enclave Ethernet switches, storage area networks (SAN), and network attached storage (NAS).
- Candidates with a thorough knowledge of networking principles to included TCP/IP a plus.
- Experience with a ticketing system such as BMC Remedy.
- ITIL v3 Foundation certified
- Linux OS experience.
- Solaris OS experience.
- Experience working with virtual environments.
- TS/SCI minimum with the ability to obtain CI Polygraph