The Sr. Internal Auditor, Government Compliance will be responsible for supporting audit efforts related to the Customer's compliance with government contracts, including FAR guidelines and cost accounting standards across all areas and divisions of the company. The role reports to the Director of Internal Audit and requires performing as the lead accounting interface with the program, leading the company’s response to government contracting requirements and audits.
- Serve as primary point of contact and provide project management for accounting related topics/requests/issues
- Request and validate for adequacy or prepare documents in response to audits, monitoring, and reviews; provide guidance to responses and follow-up requests
- Prepare and provide responses regarding how the customer's policies and processes comply with specific government compliance requirements
- Provide updates and guidance to help ensure that the policies continue to meet contracting compliance needs
- Coordinate and draft formal responses (including remediation plans) to the program for completed audit results
- Coordinate floor check requests with selected employees; participate in floor check discussion as the company's representative; gather and provide requested follow-up documentation
- Ensure that disclosure statements are up-to-date and that compliance deadlines met; revise them for appropriateness and adequacy; submit them to the program; and address any corrective feedback
- Organize and lead periodic CAS Compliance meetings to ensure that the Company is capturing necessary and timely disclosure statement updates
- Draft, review and submit documentation related to Forward Pricing and Provisional Rate Proposals
- Incurred Cost Reports - participate in preparing reports, review for compliance and adequacy, coordinate and participate in timely submission
- Work with departments/divisions to identify and help implement appropriate internal controls. Assist the departments with getting control enhancements properly codified in relevant policies.
- Oversee, conduct, coordinate Internal Controls testing; ensure that testing is done timely, and results are communicated to appropriate parties
- Identify areas where opportunities exist to improve processes (to enhance effectiveness and compliance) and work with the Director of Internal Audit to craft and disseminate recommendations to the relevant audience
- Provide ongoing and periodic compliance guidance to other employees on relevant topics
- Provide compliance training to applicable employees to increase the company's compliance with FAR and DFAR requirements
- Overseeing assistants and consultants on given projects
- Assist the Director of Internal Audit with enterprise-wide and targeted risk assessments to help identify risk areas that
- would benefit from ongoing risk management, mitigation and/or periodic audits.
- Perform any other appropriate and relevant duties related to government compliance/audit, internal control functions, and continuous development, as assigned by the Director of Internal Audit, Senior Management, or as tasked by the Board.
- 4-year degree in Accounting, Finance, Statistics, Law, Management or Business Administration
- CPA or CIA certification, or other Compliance Certification
- 10+ years’ experience working in government compliance
- Experience interacting with DCMA and DCAA personnel
- Knowledge of FAR and CAS
- A self-starter with demonstrated ability to work independently or with a group.
- Ability to generate effective written communications and communicate orally with employees at all levels of the
- company, and with external parties.
- Ability to keep confidential matters regarding our business and employees in full confidence, as appropriate.
- Ability to handle stress involved with deadlines, work prioritization and emergency work requests.
- Ability to understand and analyze data.
- Ability to learn new tasks and take on more responsibility when needed.
- Professional – Consistent, intelligent, organized, and a continuous learner. Self-disciplined; independent and objective.
- Aims to achieve and maintain Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) for the department.
- Ethical Standards – Portrays unquestionable integrity in all dealings and relationships.
- Competitive Urgency – Attending to every detail of our business with a sense of urgency, enthusiasm, and thoroughness.
- Positive Discontent – Views change positively. Resilient and optimistic. Constantly looking for opportunities to improve self and the business.
- Related experience at a major defense contractor.
- Working knowledge of Costpoint
- Project management skills.