We are seeking for a Data Architect that will actively participate in sprint planning and review sessions with the product owner and provide coordination with architecture, information assurance, requirements, testing and configuration management personnel.
- The position will involve working in development and production environments designing, developing, and supporting new database models or providing complex enhancements to the existing database for mission critical systems.
- To succeed in this role, you should have a passion for data and innovative theories and additional familiarity with the following:
- Create data dictionaries and business glossaries to document data lineages, data definitions and metadata for all business-critical data domains.
- Apply knowledge of reference models to data architecture design and maintain alignment with standards and best practices for ontology representation.
- Develop a data governance framework that aligns with user needs and data governance practices and standards.
- Implement data architecture initiatives on data quality, data governance, data standards, and data policies across all core business functions to ensure consistency in data definitions and data usage.
- Guide efforts to define the mission, goals, critical success factors, principles, and policies for data strategy and architecture.
- Build a framework that encourages integration of policy, procedure, system help, training, and other useful resources.
- Help maintain the integrity and security of the database including data encryption.
- Conducts special studies and investigations pertaining to development of new information systems to meet current and projected needs
- Plans and prepares technical reports, memoranda, and instructional manuals relative to the establishment and functioning of complete operational systems
- Establish procedures for detection and correction of data-quality issues and collaborate to establish policies, procedures, and internal controls affecting the quality of data
- Establish guidelines and protocols that govern the proliferation of data to ensure that privacy controls are enforced in all processes
- Design and implement effective database solutions and models to store and retrieve data.
- Examine and identify database structural necessities by evaluating client operations, applications, and programming.
- Assess database implementation procedures to ensure they comply with internal and external regulations.
- Install and organize information systems to guarantee functionality.
- Develop database design and architecture documentation.
- Provide data analysis and establishes data standardization.
- Oversee the migration of data from legacy systems to new solutions.
- Perform regular tests, troubleshooting, and integrating new features.
- Recommend solutions to improve new and existing database systems.
- Educate staff members through training and individual support.
- Develop presentations and reports.
- Provide operational database administration support as needed:
- Build, support, and maintain database systems of high availability including backup and recovery
- Minimize database downtime and manage parameters to provide fast query responses
- Determine, enforce and document database environment, policies, procedures and standards
- Perform tests and evaluations regularly to ensure data security, privacy, and integrity
- Monitor database performance, implement changes and apply new patches and versions when required
- Prepare and present plans and changes to Technical Review Board
- Utilize monitoring and performance analysis to troubleshoot and isolate problems/issues/incidents
- Track all work activities in JIRA, and Confluence
- The successful candidate must be able to communicate clearly and succinctly both written and orally, and present products and ideas in a business-like manner.
- The candidate will be required to work in dynamic fast paced environments that require team interaction and coordination of efforts.
- The candidate must be experienced in interfacing with both client managers and system users.
- The Data Architect will be competent in all areas of database infrastructure including database, integration services, and reporting services.
- The candidate should speak well in front of an audience and be able to present briefs to high ranking government personnel and be able to provide whiteboard sessions and presentations to personnel in a clear, concise but comprehensive manner.
- Full Scope Polygraph minimum