The Hardware Technician will be a member of the CA/CST CAEIO Web Services Team, responsible for working closely with CAEIO contractors, DOS leadership and business stakeholders to monitor performance, faults and security service delivery and solutions to automating IT enterprise monitoring services and related business processes.
Works with minimal direction as a seasoned resource. Installs, configures, troubleshoots, resolves complex issues, and supports ongoing usability of servers and SAN SW/HW, and peripheral Commercial-Off-the Shelf (COTS)/ Government-off-the-Shelf (GOTs) technology. Knowledgeable with iDRAC all versions, CMC and ESXi.
- Performs Tier III problem resolution on the telephone with users, walks the user through a series of steps to determine problem
- Possesses a wide range of in depth skills and knowledge in Dell server hardware (R730 and R740XD, Dell SANS)
- Working knowledge of VMWare Esxi including virtualized servers and datastores.
- Reviews system and configurations to ensure successful implementation of services into production.
- Implement, install, configure, monitor, troubleshoot Oracle Enterprise Linux systems (patching and other)
- Implement hardening settings to improve security posture of endpoints
- Experience in writing scripts for OEL (nice to have)
- Linux configuration and troubleshooting – networking, multipath
- Experience with RAID configuration utility
- Experience with Dell Power Vault Storage (NX32**, MD3420 and ME4024, ME5024)
- Provide 24×7 technical support so as to meet SLA agreements
- Perform root cause analysis of infrastructure related issues
- Day-to-day support of server administration for physical and virtual server operating systems.
- Ensure all Servers meet approved and required patch on a quarterly basis
- Experience configuring and managing Dell network switches
- Review error logs and reported errors and seek out solutions
- Please note this position has 2nd and 3rd shifts
- BS/BA degree and 8 to 10 years experience or MS/MA degree and 6 to 8 years experience or Phd degree and 3 to 5 years experience.