The Service Desk Senior Customer Support Specialist will monitor and quality assess the intake process specific to incident identification, prioritization and logging of high and critical incidents. The Service Desk Senior Customer Support Specialist is also responsible for increasing Impact Assessment expertise within the CA Service Desk (CASD) by monitoring the interaction queue, performing quality reviews of incident documentation, in addition to providing dedicated focus to responding to incoming field communications to the CA Service Desk.
- Reviews Interaction and Incident queues using defined key words to identify high and critical incidents and escalate accordingly.
- Develops strong familiarity of the Service Desk Incident Management processes and procedures to adequately perform queue management duties.
- Reviews incident logging quality with a specific focus on impact assessment performance and works with the CA Service Desk leadership and trainers to build performance expertise through consistent coaching and improved impact assessment training approaches.
- Uses technical acumen to pro-actively analyze routine situations
- Provides leadership assistance, guidance, and coaching to other staff members and intervenes when necessary to aid staff in resolving issues.
- Responds to incoming support communications to increase customer service focus within the CA Service Desk.
- Documents performance improvement opportunities and meet with Service Desk Management to discuss trends and recommended mitigation approaches.
- Actively participates in the incident creation process through job shadowing to build/maintain subject matter expertise and assist the team with overflow ticket logging and critical escalations, as necessary.
- Performs ad-hoc duties as needed by the Service Center Leader and Managers.
- Please note this position has 1st shift
- Bachelor’s Degree and 5 to 7 years experience or a high school diploma/equivalent and nine years of experience.
- Experience leading daily operations within an ITIL help desk/service desk 24/7 environment a plus.
- Two or more years working with Service Now CRM or similar and/or ticket/incident logging systems (preferred).
- ITIL Certification v3 or v4 required
- Capable of conducting coaching sessions
- Must be highly dependable and goes above/beyond to get the done job
- Strong communication skills and use of soft skills writing techniques for customer support communications