We are seeking for a highly motivated UX Designer to support software development programs, website projects, and user-centered design components of various contracts for the federal government. Under the supervision of the User-Centered Design (UCD) Practice Lead, the UX Designer will work on a team of designers who actively solicit feedback and participate in critiques to iterate and create the best solutions possible. Proactively work to assist others in achieving organizational objectives.
- Collaborate with a multi-disciplinary team to implement user-centered design methodologies via UX research; prototypes; wireframes and high-fidelity mockups; data synthesis; Design Thinking workshops; presentations and demonstrations.
- Design holistic solutions that address business, brand, technical, and user requirements.
- Maintain and enhance the vision of the overall user experience across all user-facing components (i.e., information architecture, visual design assets, user interface, interactive multimedia, etc.) and continuously strive for consistency while prioritizing accessibility and standards.
- Clearly define and translate design concepts for development and testing purposes to ensure streamlined implementation.
- Practice user-centric design methodologies to build and refine skillset.
- Conduct research studies and analyze findings.
- Update and develop technical/business skills and experience through work assignments, advanced training, and attending professional industry conferences.
- Bachelor’s in Product Design, Interactive Design, Information Design, computer science, or a related field.
- 2+ years of specialized experience in a cross-functional development and production environment for a federal government client.
- Design experience with Sketch and prototyping tools (i.e., Flinto or InVision).
- Experience with UCD best practices, UX design, responsive design, and essential graphic design theory.
- Familiarity with 508-compliance requirements and Inclusive Design techniques.
- Knowledge of Agile software development methodologies
- Strong verbal, written, and visual communication skills. Ability to clearly convey ideas, design rationale, and specifications appropriately, whether to other technical peers or non-technical project managers and/or customers.
- Must be willing to submit a Portfolio, website, or other samples of work.
- Must be willing to commit to working on-site hours, M- F 8 am- 5 pm
- 2+ Specialized experience in a development and production environment supporting the Department of State
- Experience in Enterprise Design or Complex Applications
- Strong experience with user-centered design embedded in Agile software development