We are seeking for a Senior Software Engineer that appreciates partnering with a customer and a group of engineers dedicated to changing the status quo and is passionate about leveraging technology in creative ways to solve hard problems. The ideal candidate will be able to learn new technologies, apply existing skills, integrate with different development teams and deliver quality software products to the customer in an agile environment.
- You will help manage large-scale data storage environments, maintain the existing network systems, provide new architectures and scalable solutions to solve complex enterprise search problems.
- Provide innovative, outside-of-the-box technological solutions or architectures to meet the customer's business requirements.
- The Senior Software Engineer will assist the customer with efficiently transforming data from existing databases into Apache Solr inverted indices using Java programming, data engineering technologies, and other open-source third-party tools.
- 8+ years of software development experience
- 4+ years of Java experience
- Experience with Java 1.8 or higher
- Experience with Solr data structures, queries, memory management and cluster configuration
- Experience with Solr Cloud
- Experience with Oracle database
- Experience with PL/SQL
- Strong understanding of data modeling and storage with NoSQL and RDBMS
- Experience with scripting languages
- Experience working with agile methodologies such as Scrum or Kanban
- Proven ability to work in a highly collaborative environment
- Excellent communication skills
- Must be a self-starter
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering or Information Systems
- Experience working within IDEs (Eclipse preferred)
- Experience with software management tools such as JIRA, Confluence, Bamboo, Jenkins
- Experience with version control and release tools such as Ant, Maven, Subversion and GIT